Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's quite a few comments on here stating that some of the colours shown online (e.g. Configurator) are inaccurate, and I'm still not 100% decided between Quartz or Business Grey.

In fact on one of the Skoda sites, Quartz grey is shown as being darker than Business Grey....totally the opposite of the UK configurator. (Look at the apparent colours detailed in lower right of the 2 pics below......I'm sure these are wrong?)

To add more confusion, many of the press / PR photos show what I believe to be Quartz Grey (right hand pic) but with it looking like it has a hint of blue / green (particularly in sunlight).......I like that and would probably choose that.

Is anyone able to clarify......either by posting their pics of Quartz Grey, and/or confirming that the PR shot below is definitely Quartz, I'd really appreciate it...... or have I got it all completely wrong :?

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was also unsure of which 'grey' to choose.
The Quartz is MUCH darker and does have a blue tint to it in some lights.
I was lucky that my local showroom had the Kodiaq in Quartz grey to look at.
The salesman was very helpful and took me out to see a 'business grey' Roomster in the car park.
Its defintitly worth trying to see the colours in real life as they can be very different to photos and nothing like the pictures above.
I decided on Quartz grey as this was the only colour I loved!!!
But everyones different.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Quartz is the darker of the 2 100%
It has a greeny blue tint depending on light.
Business is more of a dark silver grey, if you get my drift!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jackiedada - I totally agree....that's the colour I want, I just need absolute confirmation that it is Quartz Grey, as the local dealer has added to the confusion! Test driving tomorrow so will try and nail it. One thing I will say about buying a Land Rover (previous car) is they had real painted examples of curved shapes in their showroom so you could see exactly what you were choosing, even if there wasn't an actual car in the showroom.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is Quartz grey as seen as a VIP event, but understand it can look a bit more bluey in the daylight/outside:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Here is my business grey, which also changes depending on the light conditions! Hope that helps:
View attachment 360

I do love both colours but might opt for Quartz next time

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all......really helpful. It'll be Quartz for me!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Zach said:
Looks fantastic!
Take it you mean my SE L in Business Grey with the better looking wheels :D :shock: :x

Cheers, more pics to come when I get it next week.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Oemoore, appreciate that. Quartz definitely my choice.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
wrobz said:
Zach said:
Looks fantastic!
Take it you mean my SE L in Business Grey with the better looking wheels :D :shock: :x

Cheers, more pics to come when I get it next week.
Yeah, on mobile I can't seem to get quoting to work... Love the Sirius wheels, not so much the Triglavs, but everyone to their own.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to everyone for responding and clarifying.......great test drive this morning and have just placed my order (in Quartz Grey!) 😀

·
Registered
150 Posts
Managed to get a side by side comparison of the grays today

Kodiaq and superb

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts