Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've earlier put this under a different thread, reposting under fresh heading so won't get lost. Admins feel free to delete if in breach.

I've a problem with my hands free. Quality of calls varies from not great to awful and when under acceleration the person at the other end of the call hears a whirling noise. The same problem is there if I'm connected by blue tooth or plugged in by the cable. Made contact with dealership and he's scratching his head but said he would look into it. Has anyone else anything similar or advice?

·
Registered
62 Posts
My friend said he could hear a whirring noise when on a call to him this morning. He actually said have you got a car in the car with you! I could not hear it but there does seem to be a sound quality difference between car play via USB hands free and Bluetooth through the normal hmi.

I am from audio background in vehicles so these things get noticed by me but also the radio sound quality seemed different after the car play call. Also the call did not pick up straight away there was a gli then the call came through after pressing green accept.

DAB to FM radio switching seemed really harsh today and audio staging shifted dramatically.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Drew.

Sorry to hear your having the same issue as me. I suspect it's more prevelant than just the two of us as it's only detectable by the person on the other side of the line. Must admit I haven't noticed any issue with stereo sound after calls but will be wary now.

My issue is as bad over blue tooth and USB.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Which phone is it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
iPhone 7 for me

·
Registered
617 Posts
Anyone with an iPhone not having this issue? Can you check connecting an Android phone?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be able to check with an android over the weekend. I'll let ye know how it goes.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks bigboss. Makes interesting reading. I'll have a go and see if it improves

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I have been to the dealer and he discovered the microphone was loose inside its cover. He has fixed this but this hasn't solved my issue.

Mechanic said skoda haven't had any other faults like this reported so he's scratching his head now.

I'll let you know more when.......

Ive also tried and android and same result

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after what seams like forever, Skoda have just fixed my issue with the hands free system.

In order to fix the problem they had to replace "the box that controls the mobile phones" which is what I was told.

Let's hope of any other problems emerge they don't take as long to fix.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
My Android (Motorola G4) is perfect and always has been. One of my sons has an i 6 and is having nothing but trouble with it regarding call quality from my receiving end, he says he can hear me ok. Other son has i 4 and is fine.
I love my Mac pooter, but I would not have an i-phone as a prezzy! two of my friends have gone back to Android.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To be fair Colin it was a skoda issue not an iPhone problem that I was experiencing. Just before I got the problem fixed I discovered I could hear the interference through the rear speakers once I had turned on the talk assist for the people in the rear.

Anyhow no problems now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
@Deise my wife has been asking me "what's that noise" while I am talking to her via the hands free. It's also a whirring noise like described in the thread.
After some troubleshooting it seems that she can hear the car starting when the auto stop/start is in action.
Does this sound familiar to you or anybody for that matter???
Deise17 said:
I've earlier put this under a different thread, reposting under fresh heading so won't get lost. Admins feel free to delete if in breach.

I've a problem with my hands free. Quality of calls varies from not great to awful and when under acceleration the person at the other end of the call hears a whirling noise. The same problem is there if I'm connected by blue tooth or plugged in by the cable. Made contact with dealership and he's scratching his head but said he would look into it. Has anyone else anything similar or advice?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts