• <t>4WD</t>

Votes: 50 64.9%
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOD EDIT: https://goo.gl/forms/T5Ke2onOTSpDsd8F2

Please fill in the form only if you have ordered.

Responses: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeLzYN6XINdbVqfzTHukvjPzatZr1il3tMhHlRaaT3VuZXGTQ/viewanalytics
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w1NBF6gbP9jweTuLFVMyZhHA5zmse2sRJBHXzmHDOhE/edit?usp=sharing

Can all those who have placed a REAL order please put their names on this thread so we can gauge timings etc of deliveries. (not just a place in the queue in the line booking with no details/options & a deposit).
By REAL order. I mean one which you have had accepted by SKODA SYSTEM (not just by the dealer) which contains all options, engine, gear box, Specs and options, all priced up on an order form signed by dealer and customer and a £1000 deposit paid.
U.K ONLY PLEASE! As EU countries are already in production. U.K production starts 18 January with Dealers demos.. 140 dealers in U.K. and Kvasiny is turning out 320 Kodiaqs a day.
So we just may manage to gauge when we might get delivery. I have a feeling we will be a very select band of enthusiasts at least for the first year!
I'll Start it off.
with.
SE L 1.4DSG Jungle green, beige alcantara. Front sensors , panoramic roof.
Over to you chaps!

Comment added 23.00 22/12Interesting. All 'oilers' so far apart from mine. Do you all need to tow?
Or are you not concerned that the reign of diesel as a road fuel maybe coming to an end because the Government will tax it out of existence? I think residuals on diesel car will be adversely affected over the next few years. Renault have already said that they intend to do away with ALL diesel engines in the near future and as they also are tied up with Nissan , they may well follow suit. I did 21 years with Shell UK on retail automotive fuels, hence my prediction.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I order my Edition 190 4x4 Today with the following spec:

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/93918342

I paid my £500 deposit (have official order sheet from Skoda) and was told April,however the copy of the order sheet I got sent after I paid said "April/May" collection. I would told that within the coming weeks I will be informed of what build slot/week I have been allocated and that they will update me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fleet order Edition 4x4DSG 150

·
Registered
75 Posts
I will be towing a caravan hence the diesel, otherwise I would have gone for the TSI.

I'm not so sure about all the diesel hysteria at the moment. With trump pushing pro fossel and brext means civil servants now thinking we don't have to comply with EU leg in a couple of years time, added yo the millions of existing 'D' owners I think it will still have its place in the coming years.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ordered 1.4TSI 150 DSG 2wd EDITION with lots of options. Dealer (Transcity) offered canton and couple of cheapie. Deposit taken and financial agreed. Free to change options till 6 weeks before prod starts. Good... as I'm still totally unsure on colour. Order on lava blue but leaning towards jungle green...

Options:
Pano roof
Canton
Rear airbags
Windscreen defrost
Virtual boot pedal
Interior lighting package
Travel assist
Children package
Drive mode personalisation
Heated steering wheel with gearbox paddleshift

Not yet on skoda system as their system is still buggered. But order #2 on dealer list (30 allocated + 2 demos....)

Delivery... F knows....

Re Colin's comment on oilers, agreed. Only need the tow bar for bicycle rack. Current yeti is tdi but reverting to petrol, as I live in London suburbs. Diesel ban will likely happen and mileage not high enough.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Goody! :lol:
BTW, Lava blue is Petrol blue in the U.K. Don't be conned by the online (or even the mini brochure) colours they are NOTHING like real life.
My dealer said that he doesn't sell many Jungles unless he has one in stock for the customer to see, as the brochure /configurator colour puts people off, but nobody dislikes it when they see it in the tin! (flesh!) He certainly has no problems re~selling Jungles.
I have Petrol blue Yeti at the mo and my previous was Jungle green. Petrol is fantastic in bright sunlight and really sparkles but in our (normal) grey weather it goes almost black. I'll post pictures of both below for you.
I thought I was alone with the 1.4TSi. The 2.0L TSi is far too thirsty. 1.4 will do an old [email protected] like me quite well enough!
It's 2 seconds faster to 62 than my 1.2 Yeti which is all I require and the torque in these VAG TSi engines is phenomenal!

Oiler's more expensive to buy, Derv costs more than Petrol for very little consumption advantage against TSi's. + DPF problems , Ad-blue, DMF problems with diesels. Probable crackdown by government on diesels..........blah~blah~blah.

If you tow, fair enough, but I don't tow& only 6k miles a year, so DERV?~~ No thanks!

It is actually a bit 'greener' than this. It was a dull day in November (as you have probably spotted!)

This, on the other hand, was a bright day, but you can see where the sun hits it it is very bright, elsewhere much darker.
Good luck in your choice. I have gone for Jungle again.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just ordered Edition 4x4
Postby DaveAldi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:05 pm

Hello Everyone

Just joined the forum having ordered an Edition 4x4 190 with lots of extras. My job is a country vet so I carry lots of equipment and do around 25k miles per year. My current 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has been the least reliable car I've owned (with failed clutch, gearbox, two breakdowns and numerous electrical problems) and I find the onboard tech (self parking, reverse camera, bluetooth media streaming etc) over simplified and frustrating. I owned an Octavia 4x4 back in 2002 which did over 200k miles with no major faults so I've opted to go Skoda again (albeit with an extended 100k mile warranty). Most of the Kodiaq reviews seem complementary but there are some criticisms of the ride quality. I opted against the Dynamic Chassis Control option because it would have pushed the price over £40k (which just seemed too much for a Skoda!) but I'm wondering whether I'll regret that decision. I tow a caravan so opted for the electric towbar with 360 camera and trailer assist. My dealer estimated delivery in April - Really looking forward to it.
DaveAldi

·
Registered
20 Posts
Orders on Saturday, 2.0 TSI SE L DSG 4X4, candy white, black leather, parking sensors and camera, colour DOT screen, travel assist, Triglav wheels, rear window blinds.

Looking forward to getting a build week now, how long was it until people got one? dealer saying mid April time for delivery.

There is a kodiaq event down in Kent on the 11th Feb, dealer wasn't sure on format of this as yet

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Copied from: Here it comes!! Whoopee!

Postby OlivierW11 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:26 am

Ordered 1.4TSI 150 DSG 2wd EDITION with lots of options. Dealer (Transcity) offered canton and couple of cheapie. Deposit taken and financial agreed. Free to change options till 6 weeks before prod starts. Changed from lava blue to jungle green...

Options:
Pano roof
Canton
Rear airbags
Windscreen defrost
Virtual boot pedal
Interior lighting package
Travel assist
Children package
Drive mode personalisation
Heated steering wheel with gearbox paddleshift
OlivierW11

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tagmorrisuk2008 said:
Orders on Saturday, 2.0 TSI SE L DSG 4X4, candy white, black leather, parking sensors and camera, colour DOT screen, travel assist, Triglav wheels, rear window blinds.

Looking forward to getting a build week now, how long was it until people got one? dealer saying mid April time for delivery.

There is a kodiaq event down in Kent on the 11th Feb, dealer wasn't sure on format of this as yet
There is still not leather option on the SE L on the configurator. ARE YOU SURE?????
I ordered mine on 7th December but there was a cock up with the Skoda system (there's a surprise then!) it went into the system about the 10th December I think. I got the build week notification on the 12th January for built in week 9 delivery week 12 or 13. They start building U.K. cars tomorrow 18th january for TOTAL (all markets) production of 320 a day!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah 100% sure, not on the configuration but is on the extras spreadsheet/tool they use to talk through the order. I asked why it wasn't on the configuration tool and they said they weren't sure but would let Skoda uk know it wasn't.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good for you & well spotted that Dealer!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Build week 17 for me :-( so mid may delivery..........feels a lifetime away! Dealer is Ashford, Kent have been great I must say, lots of updates and comms on the trade on my X1.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glad you have heard. Meadens are very good as well. Spoke to Tom Sexton yesterday and he told me that my build week is still week 9.
Build weeks at this stage are a moveable feast unfortunately. As the get closer to the quoted date, presumably when they have all the bits to make specific cars lined up, the build week becomes firm.
So all those with quoted build weeks at this stage must keep fingers crossed that there are no more cock-ups!

·
Registered
176 Posts
tagmorrisuk2008 said:
Build week 17 for me :-( so mid may delivery..........feels a lifetime away! Dealer is Ashford, Kent have been great I must say, lots of updates and comms on the trade on my X1.
Bad luck, but at least you have a date, unlike some of us :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys
Ordered a 190dsg diesel 4x4 Edition in black with loads of extras on the 14th of Jan. Spoke to the dealer today and got a build week of week 14. So I'm gonna have to wait until probably the 1st week of May.
The question is, should I go to the dealer preview evening on the 11th of Feb?

1 - 20 of 165 Posts