Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 37 I saw this on Facebook... Kodiaq media launch tomorrow, with plenty of Kodiaqs on display! Pictures were on the Skoda Kodiaq group and were taken by Andy Harris. (Thought I should add that!)

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
So the ex demo's will be on the old VED then as theses bad boys are all registered?????????????????????

·
Registered
35 Posts
andy54199 said:
So the ex demo's will be on the old VED then as theses bad boys are all registered?????????????????????
Yes and all of us early adopters will be penalised,

·
Registered
314 Posts
wotsthecrack said:
andy54199 said:
How are you being penalised? (apart from being beta testers)
All (new) Kodiaq owners will be paying the same tax.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
wotsthecrack said:
andy54199 said:
How are you being penalised? (apart from being beta testers)
All (new) Kodiaq owners will be paying the same tax.
All Kodiaq owners will be paying the new increased first year VED even though I was quoted £185 but they are trying to charge £500

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Mine too, But it is only £55 for mine HE HE! (Old VED £145 +£55 first reg fee=£200 New VED £200 +£55=£255.)
Yes it is Corrida red (above) which of course due to SUKs shenanigans is no longer available as is Jungle Green.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Mine too, But it is only £55 for mine HE HE! (Old VED £145 +£55 first reg fee=£200 New VED £200 +£55=£255.)
Yes it is Corrida red (above) which of course due to SUKs shenanigans is no longer available as is Jungle Green.
Colin,

Have you heard about the first registrations now being Friday 7th April?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Let's see what we get back? A I suspect.

Dear Mr Movassaghi,

I feel you should be aware of the negative feelings regarding the imminent availability of the Kodiaq.

Skoda U.K. certainly are managing to somewhat anger some of your most loyal customers. Those that have already spent their money on buying a Kodiaq 'blind'.

I assume though, that since the Kodiaq will obviously be a huge success, that SUK don't really car about upsetting the few loyal customers who have already signed up for one as you will sell all you can get hold of due to the fact that allocations are firm and that Kodiaq sales will not count against dealer targets as sales of all those available are a certainty.

Apparently we 'early adopters' who have spent our money and bought Kodiaq 'blind', have had our cars banned from being registered before the 6th April and yet a white 17 reg RHD has been seen twice in the Milton Keynes area and now this for the motoring press.(see below)

We assume that this is for marketing reasons and that SUK do not want Kodiaqs seen on the streets before the 6th of April. But there are so few that it would make no difference and actually may raise interest from those interested. Yet here you are with at least 9 already registered and about to be unleashed on the motoring press who will presumably be driving them around all over the place?

All those that pre-ordered are resolute Skoda Fans (my Kodiaq will be my 5th Skoda) and the anger this is causing especially with the higher powered 'dirtier' engines and the VED rates post 1/4/17.
It does not affect me as I have ordered a 1.4DSG SE L.

Why can you not at least, as a gesture of good will, release the 'pre-order' Kodiaqs, some of which are already ashore at U.K. ports (apparently)

SUK is doing its reputation no good at all amongst its most loyal customers.
sincerely.
Colin Lambert
Kodiaq Forums.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well said.

To further add to that, there's an Autocar review posted in last day, clearly showing a UK reg'd, RHD model (in Unobtanium Red):

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/kodiaq/first-drives/skoda-kodiaq-20-tsi-180-4x4-dsg-se-l-2017-review

I've still not ordered mine yet, as I'm too risk averse to order blind, but probably going to have to now as they're still not getting the demo cars in for a few weeks, and lead-time from order to delivery is 15 weeks (dealer told me yesterday), which is pretty much my limit to get car before summer jaunt round France. And I'm now worse off because had I ordered blind in Feb rather than ordering blind at near April, after I was told the demos would've been available, i'd have got the canton upgrade. Bah.

(oh and its now 4 times i've seen that white Kodiaq in Milton Keynes - i'm told the VW group training centre is nearby, which probably explains it as they prepare their material to prep the dealers at launch).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Surely Skoda should not be concerned about when a vehicle is registered, rather not having any on the road before yet another launch. They have already shot themselves in the foot with the latter by having so many available for journalists - probably the same journalists who already saw the Car in LHD format on earlier launches.
A reasonable compromise would be to allow all vehicles to be registered as soon as sufficient vehicle specific data is available, but not hand them over till the 6th or whenever. That would ensure owners are not unnecessarily penalised by Skoda for having to wait post April fools day to suit Skoda's own requirement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts