Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Kodiaq lovers,
I am from Sheffield and ordered Kodiaq Edition TDi 150 bhp 4x4 DSG moon white with few useful extras on 27/02/17. I intend to drive kodiaq for family outings (We are 6 of us) and to commute. I will not use it for towing purpose or travel to offroad sides. Though I have chosen Diesel 150 bhp DSG engine but thinking to go and change to higher grade engine which is Tdi190 bhp. Can any one please advice me which engine power would suit me as I still have time and can change my choice until end of March. Also I would like to know what are useful extras to choose. I have chosen crew protection assist, front & rear parking sensors, rough road package, heated wind screen, roller blinds for rear side windows, heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Rear view camera with LED rear lights high, tri zone climate control, Mythos gloss black decorative insert and I recieved free canton sound sys with space saver spare wheel & KESSY as part of VIP package. I don't fancy panoramic sunroof.
Many Thanks & kind regards

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi and welcome :)
As you are not planning on offroad, how about saving the outlay and dropping the rough road pack ?
What sort of mileage do you do ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for a quick reply. My annual mileage is around 15000. You are right I m also thinking to drop rough road package and may b couple more extras. One of my friend who owns garage is recommending me 190 bhp engine but I preferred 150 bhp mainly due to using it lightly and would like to save some fuel cost.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I doubt very much if there is anything between the 150 and 190 in real life consumption.

The 190 will not be working as hard, I have never heard anyone say "I wish I had a bit less power"!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
zulfy said:
Hello Kodiaq lovers,
I am from Sheffield and ordered Kodiaq Edition TDi 150 bhp 4x4 DSG moon white with few useful extras on 27/02/17. I intend to drive kodiaq for family outings (We are 6 of us) and to commute. I will not use it for towing purpose or travel to offroad sides. Though I have chosen Diesel 150 bhp DSG engine but thinking to go and change to higher grade engine which is Tdi190 bhp. Can any one please advice me which engine power would suit me as I still have time and can change my choice until end of March. Also I would like to know what are useful extras to choose. I have chosen crew protection assist, front & rear parking sensors, rough road package, heated wind screen, roller blinds for rear side windows, heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Rear view camera with LED rear lights high, tri zone climate control, Mythos gloss black decorative insert and I recieved free canton sound sys with space saver spare wheel & KESSY as part of VIP package. I don't fancy panoramic sunroof.
Many Thanks & kind regards
Welcome to the forum.
I and I'm sure others, would be most interested to hear what build week you get (and when you actually ordered it) with a high spec like that it would be a good comparison for others.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Zach said:
I would recommend the Logitech +Drive suction mount: https://www.logitech.com/en-nz/product/plus-drive?crid=1537 . You stick a thin metal plate and the mount will work as a magnet

Alternatively, you could get an air-vent mounted phone holder - Logitech has one too: https://www.logitech.com/en-nz/product/plus-trip?crid=1537

Both are fairly expensive but are worth it imo for the quality and ease of use.
With the blue tooth connectivity on the Kodiaq and the law changing in the U.K 2 days ago, I won't be having my phone anywhere that might tempt me to even TOUCH it when driving. It will now cost U.K drivers £200 and SIX points(12 and you are off the road!) on your licence! If Plod sees you. and boy are they cracking down. In Dorset on the 1st March they caught and prosecuted 42 drivers on ONE road in 3 hours!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yep I second getting the higher powered lump, if purchase price stays in your budget.
Heated wheel might be something you could drop, depends on your preferences, but with heated screen you wont get your hands cold scraping unless theres a heavy snowfall, not something we have often in the UK lately ;)

Interested in what the mythos gloss insert is, I have either only seen pics with or only without, I don't know for sure !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts