Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my wheels powder coated with gloss black. Had TPMS installed at the same time since the tyres were off anyway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Doesn't it come with TPMS?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ahh, I see.

Nice wheels BTW. Was going to have mine done, but figured either me or the wife would curb them as soon as done anyway, so never got around to it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, after nearly 5k miles I've decided that with them not being low profile seems to be having a good effect, and by not having them diamond cut it's easier to touch up the gloss black myself, so they stand a better chance of staying looking good. But I couldn't find any images of a blue Kodiaq with black wheels, so hopefully the images will help others decide if they like it enough to get it done.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Black wheels are a bit marmite (excuse the pun). I really like them and they set off the body colour really well. Thanks for sharing as I am looking to do the same.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think that combination looks amazing

Question - is it best to get the job done when wheels are brand new, or can you get some wear out of your initial wheels, then bring them back to looking 'new', with a different look later on?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ingram69 said:
Question - is it best to get the job done when wheels are brand new, or can you get some wear out of your initial wheels, then bring them back to looking 'new', with a different look later on?
I was told it makes no difference -mine were 3 months old / 5k miles when I got them done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Falkster1 said:
Black wheels are a bit marmite (excuse the pun). I really like them and they set off the body colour really well. Thanks for sharing as I am looking to do the same.
I'm really chuffed with how good it looks :D :D :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice

How much does it cost to get them coated

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks stunning, I have a petrol blue currently sat in a compound waiting for a transporter to take it to my dealer.

As above, how much?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I paid £60 per wheel, it took 3 days to get them done

·
Registered
51 Posts
3 days
Wow
Why? So long ?