Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
New member and wondered if anyone knows of any performance exhausts avail for 1.4Tsi.
My car is 17 plate 1.4Tsi in Black Pearl with black gloss 19'' alloys.
I live in West Sussex.
Cheers all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don't do it

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Agreed. Exhausts are tuned to the engine these days.
The days when you nipped down to your 'Go Faster' shop and bought a Peco or Abarth system to bolt onto your Ford Anglia, to make it sound like a racing car are long gone.
Electronic engine management systems, fuel injection etc will be screwed up if you affect the back pressure by adding a 'straight through' system. Also they are far from cheap and will probably invalidate your warranty .

Welcome to the forum by the way! enjoy your car and the forum. By and large we are quite a nice bunch of people. All with the same immaculate taste in motor cars! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Nah, most properly developed exhausts eg. ABT are fine. Dunno why I'd put one on a 1.4l SUV though.

Re warranty, it's only invalidated if the fault is caused by the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
My comments in blue.

Zach said:
Nah, most properly developed exhausts eg. ABT are fine.I'm obviously out of date -sorry. Apart from the fact that ABT don't do one for the 1.4 148BHP at the moment. Dunno why I'd put one on a 1.4l SUV though. Why would you? Or am I just a boring old [email protected]?

Re warranty, it's only invalidated if the fault is caused by the exhaust.True If ABT are ok when they do one. But I would not risk a 'Peco' type (can you still get PECO? for my reasons given in my post above.)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Not sure about peco exhausts, but I agree that improperly made exhausts aren't good for your car. Was just using ABT as an example of a good brand

·
Registered
117 Posts
Milltek, Peco and Janspeed (back in the day). Or even a cherry bomb if you want it loud :) What are you looking to achieve? Sound or performance. As mentioned the pipes are tuned for the engine by manufacturers and quality units. If performance there are other much better options in my view.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts