Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! We just got our Kodiaq this week. Wonderful car! Our parking arrangements at home is that we have a booth with three hard walls. The booth is 2.88 meters wide. I would like to park the car with the front in, and the right hand side of the car as close as possible to the wall, leaving as much space as possible for opening the doors on the left hand side (the steering wheel is on the left side in this car, obviously).

What would be the best and easiest way to perform this manoeuvre, for myself and my wife? Are there any assistant systems that will help guide the steering wheel of the car in this situation? Or should I just use the cameras and sensors to manually place the car as close to the wall as possible? Would you recommend folding in the mirrors?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome, Hope you enjoy the forum. You will of course enjoy the K !!
Does your booth have a ceiling? If so, place a tennis ball on a string suspended from the ceiling in front of the driving position to use as a target. Even better have TWO, on behind the other, so that you can line them up as you drive in!
(Please put you car details on your signature and you home town on your profile. Thanks.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Drumlin said:
Hi guys! We just got our Kodiaq this week. Wonderful car! Our parking arrangements at home is that we have a booth with three hard walls. The booth is 2.88 meters wide. I would like to park the car with the front in, and the right hand side of the car as close as possible to the wall, leaving as much space as possible for opening the doors on the left hand side (the steering wheel is on the left side in this car, obviously).

What would be the best and easiest way to perform this manoeuvre, for myself and my wife? Are there any assistant systems that will help guide the steering wheel of the car in this situation? Or should I just use the cameras and sensors to manually place the car as close to the wall as possible? Would you recommend folding in the mirrors?
Just for safety, I would put up some soft padding /thermocol/underlay on right wall at car's height. Especially if you are using the garage regularly and trying to park close to the wall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts