Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kodiaq 1.5 TSI DSG Sportline
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've previously asked about what services are lost when your connect subscription runs out. One of which is the parking position. Can this feature be turned off when in the car? If not it could be useful if the car gets stolen to tell the Police where it currently is? I guess your profile has to be pin protected twd to stop the thief from deleting your profile li ked to the app.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Not sure if the profile is PIN-protected in the car, I'll check when I get the chance to set my new one up. Just collected and sadly the connect services don't work as the eSIM hasn't been set up correctly. Think it needs a software update and they're having it back in on Wednesday having just picked it up today.

What I do know is that the car's position isn't a live information, it will only update via the App if the car is stopped and parked with the ignition off. Admittedly if it gets stolen, then you will be able to track where it is when it's next parked (provided they can't sign you out via the car).

Reactions: FNUSNU

·
Registered
2022 Kodiaq 1.5 TSI DSG Sportline
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if the profile is PIN-protected in the car, I'll check when I get the chance to set my new one up. Just collected and sadly the connect services don't work as the eSIM hasn't been set up correctly. Think it needs a software update and they're having it back in on Wednesday having just picked it up today.

What I do know is that the car's position isn't a live information, it will only update via the App if the car is stopped and parked with the ignition off. Admittedly if it gets stolen, then you will be able to track where it is when it's next parked (provided they can't sign you out via the car).
That's what I was thinking, unless the pin protection works, it's probably a no-go.

·
Registered
560 Posts
No, if you want a tracker, then get a proper Thatcham approved one.

The system that my old Land Rover had would actually show individual journeys on a map so you could track exactly where the car had been, but much like the Skoda system, it couldn't actually track the car live, but would only upload journeys and the car's position when the ignition was off.

·
Registered
560 Posts
OK, so further to my other posts about this, two things I've discovered - in the App, my old car is still registered to me, but if I try to search for parking position it gives me a message: "We cannot find your vehicle. The parking position is unavailable or the vehicle is moving." This confirm my belief that the App cannot show live tracking of the vehicle and will only update the position when it's stopped and the ignition is off.

Secondly, my profile is not yet set up on my new car as the Connect Services hasn't been set up properly by the dealer (going back in on Wednesday for a software update), but when I switch it off it currently says: "Goodbye. Got everything? Mobile phone? Everyone out the car [sic]? User profile not protected. You can protect your profile with an S-PIN in the user profile settings." That tells me that as you suspected, a thief can't just delete your profile if you protect it with a PIN. Not 100% sure what it means by "S-PIN", but might become obvious when I do get the chance to log in to the car with my MySkoda profile, which it won't let me at the moment as the eSIM isn't set up correctly.

·
Registered
560 Posts
OK, so a bit of an update on this - seems the S-PIN is pointless really. Yes, you can set a PIN to protect your user profile and the car will prompt you to do this whenever you turn the ignition off. You get the goodbye message and a prompt about protecting your profile in the profile settings as described above.

Well yes, you can, however the next time you turn the ignition on, it will ask you for your PIN and you can't do anything with the infotainment system until you do. There's a check-box for "Remember PIN" but if you select this then the PIN protection is turned off in the settings and the car will go back to telling you that you can protect your profile with a PIN when you next switch the ignition off. Utterly pointless really unless you're thinking of protecting your profile temporarily for when the car is in with a dealer.

I had thought the PIN would be required if you wanted to modify or delete the profile, but no, it's not for that. Annoying that it tells you each time you turn the car off that you can protect it with a PIN, but that protection only lasts until you then put the PIN back in, and you will have to do that to use the infotainment system next time you drive the car. What's the point?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts