Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

I am currently trying to spec up a Kodiaq and wanted to know how good would the Park Assist be in real life situations?
I live in an area that has only on street parking with tight spaces available or parking at a distance away.
Would the Skoda Park Assist help with parking in tight spaces?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have it on my current yeti l&k. It's good but as long as you have parking sensors I'd say you can easily live without them.

It does work surprisingly well though.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I had it on a Merc. I would agree with Oliver. It is a bit of a gimmick and I found that I had to keep all bits (hands and feet) ready to override it.
I prefer sensor to rear camera as the former sees round the corners (cameras don't) of the car and assuming the system is the same as the Yeti you have a pictogram on the screen so can judge very accurately. Also all cameras I have come across get covered in road grime and on a long drive you have to get out and clean it before reversing. BUT Simply clever has put a washer jet on the rear camera on the Kodiaq.WELL DONE SKODA NOW THAT IS CLEVER!
My advice would be save your money and go for sensors front and rear. Although the price of adding front sensors is extortionate (I don't see how they can justify £350 EXTRA just for the front ones).
But having recently scraped the N/S/F wing of the Yeti and it cost £350 (not worth claiming!) to put it right, my Kodiaq has been ordered with front and rear. No brainer!!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
It was on one of the video road tests, but I'm sorry, I can't remember which one. I have looked at so many.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
As I said, I can't remember which review i saw it on but here is the picture from the U.K. configurator and although it does not mention the washer jet, you can see it quite clearly. Right hand picture to the left of the camera lens. Obviously check with Skoda first ( I wouldn't suggest wasting you time with the dealers, they have yet to go on their familiarisation courses and most of them know diddly squat about the specs, or even the colours in some cases!)
As I said, I don't like cameras. With the excellent pictogram on the infotainment screen you get a far better 'picture' of what is going on around you as the sensors see round the corners of the car whereas the cameras even with a wide angle lens cannot see more than the back of the car. (obviously does not include the 'top down ' cameras but then if you have that sort of money to spend why are you buying a Kodiaq? Silly money IMHO! :lol:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts