Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first things my kids did when they found out that I had a panoramic roof, was to have me open it and stand up / look out of it while the car was parked on the driveway. Now aside from keeping the car locked at all times (obviously) and the keys with me if they happen to be in the car (e.g. when paying for fuel), is there a way of stopping them getting hurt by the mechanism?

I've yet to try but can you lock the sunroof from being opened by a child?
Is there a safety mechanism whereby the roof will stop closing if it detects pressure against the window?

Kids can be mischievous and it won't take much for them to figure out how to open it and heaven forbid activates the auto-close and.. well, you get the picture.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just read in the manual that the roof is fitted with a force limiter, so I need to see how that works and if at any point or just when it closes. The open / close button can't be locked out that I can see to stop them fiddling with it, however the roof doesn't work without the ignition being on, which is good to know, so that shouldn't be a problem

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You have answered you r own question. ;)
Obviously you won't leave the ignition on with the kids in the car and you out of it, so all should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts