Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanting to see how owners are getting their cars protected. I'm looking at getting paint protection film on the doors, front & rear bumpers, front fenders and part of the rear fender/roofline - pic shown.

Does anyone have experience with paint protection films or other paint protection types? I'm not sure how much it costs but I'll definitely be emailing some local places a few weeks before delivery.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have declined to have DiamondBrite applied to the Kodiaq I have ordered for delivery in September. I had this applied to my last/present car a Vauxhall Makka by the dealer when first purchased. I had had the car a week before we went on holiday in Cumbria (when it was exceptionally hot) on the last day I noticed that bird poo was on the roof. I cleaned it off within 36hrs but found that the gloss had been taken off. It was buffed out by the dealer but returned within hours. This resulted in the area being resprayed by the dealer at their expense and then DiamondBrite reapplied. Not had a problem since but have always carried a spray water bottle and cloth, to immediately remove any such substance. It may well be that the coating was not applied correctly by the dealer. Have bought my new car from the same dealership but different franchise andpremises. As a result I have decided to check out local detailers to see what they have to offer, as I have little to no confidence in DiamondBrite. Any other purchasers have any further advice on detailers in and around Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I usually get the front end wrapped with protective film; very effective at reducing stone chipping. I don't bother with the rest of the paintwork. I just regularly wash and wax. Best quote I have had in Hampshire is £450-500 but subject to the workshop seeing the Kodiaq in the flesh. They haven't worked on one yet.

G

·
I'm considering ceramic coating ( opti coat ) when I get mine. Still awaiting pricing from detailer.
I think it would bring out the gloss on the lava blue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts