Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the guys who already got their Kodiaq: Pls, if you can find the time, do a real owners review... :D I would really like to know: 1. What's it like to seat in the middle seat of the 2nd row of a full size adult. Is it comfortable? What is it like sitting 3 adults on the 2nd row.
2. I heard that kodiaq doesn't do well in soaking up bumps and feels bumpy and uncomfortable on uneven surfaces which really worries me, is it true?
Pretty please, hugely appreciated :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've only test driven it using a route that has horrible expansion joints on it, and standard springs and 19" wheels were not uncomfortable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd suggest that you have a test drive as there are plenty cars out there now and ride comfort is subjective, even more so depending on your current or previous cars, mine is a 2014 bmw 5 series so I'm not expecting the kodiaq to be as comfortable nor as quiet but that's not the reasons I've ordered one. Circumstances mean I now need a larger boot and I prefer the styling of an suv over that of an estate, the kodiaq is better in most areas than an x3 (also a new one is due shortly) , an x5 is too expensive. I don't like the discovery sport at all which in my opinion is the kodiaq's closest and most up to date rival.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Felix442, to me the ride on standard springs is more comfy than a 2010 f10 BMW on a back to back. My 5er does not have adaptive dampers, and on 18" run flats. Handling is vastly different but as you say, it's comparing 2 completely different types of car and not a fair comparison.

Enjoy your test drive today.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm pleasantly surprised by the ride quality of my Kodiaq (standard springs and 19" alloys) after reading the reports before it arrived. It's very similar to my previous Santa Fe (which also had 19" alloys but 55 profile tyres rather than 50), better than my wife's XC60 (with 20" alloys) but not as absorbent as her previous Freelander 2 (17" aloys). Although the ride quality isn't super comfortable I really can't see anyone finding it unacceptable. There's a bit more understeer to the handling than the Santa Fe but again it's perfectly acceptable. Overall I'm quite happy with the ride and handling balance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx guys for you comments, I'm currently overseas so I can't test drive, but I've ordered a 2.0 tsi. Any comments on the middle seat of the 2nd row? Right now I've a 2011 Passat and a BMW 318. A lot of the middle seats are way too elevated and cramped. The best middle seat I've tried is the new Touran as far as 5+2 goes. It's totally independent so I guess that's another story. Moomin I know you got yours you should do a detailed video owner review:) please....

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've had an e90 3 series before. The middle seat is better than that. It is slightly raised with a transmission tunnel to straddle and the footwells either side are big enough to share. Headroom is okay too, but shoulder is where it might get tighter.

My car is on the production line this week but when I do get it (prob early/mid May), I can do a video of there is a demand for it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The middle seat isn't has wide as say a scenic or an s max or galaxy, but here is my husband showing you can fit between two child seats even, something we haven't been able to do in other bench seats.

View attachment 364

On the ride quality I guess it depends on what you are used to in a current car but I thought it felt smooth, takes any bumps in the road really well and also feels really planted round corners and roundabouts.

It's all subjective I guess but we are really pleased with ours.

Hope that helps

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
So there was some miscommunication to put it nicely, dealer had one in the showroom today and two outside one of which was a sold vehicle but none are to be registered til Thursday, so I can return after then for a drive.
The sold car was a quartz grey se, the demonstrator outside was a quartz grey edition with Triglavs and the showroom model was a standard se l with no options in metallic white with sirius wheels. In my opinion the sirius wheels are far nicer in the flesh than the brochure, I'd say the design makes them look a little bigger than the Triglavs probably as they are less gapey than the Triglavs so happy I went for those. Fit and finish is very good inside other than the small cubby to the right and below the steering wheel which is a little low rent material and not damped.
I found the steering wheel a nice size and good to hold for me, the dsg gear knob and surroundings buttons are also nice to touch and easy on the eye.
In the rear the leg and headroom are fantastic on the two outer seats. The middle seat is narrower, more upright and feels harder, despite the fairly low transmission tunnel there's plenty room either side for your feet. I didn't pay too much attention to the third row as I don't see me using it much at all. The folding mechanism seemed simple and worked well though.
This is my first skoda and I'll admit I was a bit unsure with regards to trim and build quality, I've owned the previous three incarnations of the bmw 5 series with a c class and a volvo c30 d5 thrown in between those but after spending around 30 mins in an se l today any concerns have gone, looking forward to taking delivery of mine in a month or two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx guys for answering all my questions now I'm truly looking forward to mine. It's just unbelievable how a Skoda can have such a high level of all round quality, equipping practically the same engine, platform and gearbox of an Audi at an affordable price! Awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Felix,
The K will be my 5th Skoda. I can assure you of the build quality. In the more expensive cars (Superb, Upper echelons of Yetidom and the Kodiaq. I would put the build quality equal if not better than VW.
I have yet to drive a Kodiaq, but am picking mine up towards the end of this week, that is the faith I have in the brand. I am sure you will be delighted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts