Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REAL ORDER PLACED with my dealer!
It has been accepted by dealer and he is just waiting for the system to go live and he will then press the button. :D :D :D :D :D Now the interminable wait begins.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well done! sent you a PM for the spreadsheet!!!!

What engine and spec have you gone for?

·
Registered
123 Posts
No but dealers now have access to the full config/spec/pricing...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Rob said:
Colin - I think your dealer will be having a drink tonight now that he's finally been able to place your order!

Let us know what you've decided on.
"
Not at the moment, we had a bulletin on Monday saying that it would be December but not any date as yet.

Kind regards

Sales Executive

West End Skoda

@westendskoda.

"
This was the news a couple of minutes ago from my dealer!

·
Registered
123 Posts
My order is in! Time slot will be announced tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer has just actually placed order with Skoda. But as demo as the system is still not working properly!!! :evil: Will be 'tagged' to me when Skoda finally get off their fat @rses and get the system working 100%
U.K build starts week six 2017 with demos. customers orders shortly after.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Production of U.K spec cars starts week 6 2017 ( w/c 8th February- But knowing Skoda's [email protected] performance with all their other promises regarding this launch, I'll believe it when I see it!) with demonstrators then customer orders. I have been promised April.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rob said:
Colin - I think your dealer will be having a drink tonight now that he's finally been able to place your order!

Let us know what you've decided on.
Sorry Rob, Missed your post for some reason.
I have ordered...........
1.4DSG 2WD SE L in Jungle green with beige alcantara, Pan roof and front sensors. £30,650. Less £500 Dealer 25th Anniversary 'present to all old (that's me :lol:) & loyal customers on any car purchased in December

·
Registered
176 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Production of U.K spec cars starts week 6 2017 ( w/c 8th February- But knowing Skoda's [email protected] performance with all their other promises regarding this launch, I'll believe it when I see it!) with demonstrators then customer orders. I have been promised April.
My dealer waited to make mine the first Kodiaq order he had put in and was then going to order a demonstration model. He has an allocation of 35 for 2017, so only 33 more customers will get lucky. Interestingly the Kodiaq will not be part Skoda dealers targets because Skoda think that they will fly out of the showrooms. I sat whilst the dealer principal typed the order onto the Skoda system, which still has glitches, and now am waiting for a build date.
Ordered an 190TDI Edition in Blue with some extras.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was also promised by my dealer that I would be number one as far as he is concerned, which I am and he has a very low allocation as well, working on an average I calculate that there will only be about 500 Kodiaqs spread evenly throughout the year, available in the U.K. What a select bunch we will be!! Have to start waving at each other! ;)
I spoke to my dealer yesterday and the glitch was still there. They can order for themselves as demos but not with a customers name attached. So my dealer did that and will tag it to me when Skoda get off their fat @rses and sort their IT out.
He told me that people have been coming in wanting a test drive and when told they can't even do THAT until April at least one has said "Stuff it, I'll go and buy something else". Skoda really have made a complete dog's dinner of this launch!
What did you order?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
at least one has said "Stuff it, I'll go and buy something else".
I'm starting to get close to that point. I was supposed to be getting a new car in November! When the spec comes out for NZ I'll either wait to get one or just cut my losses and get a Mazda CX-9.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No CX 9 here in the U.K..
I have had a look on line.
Far too 'squashy-arsed' for me. Like a RR Evoque.
I cannot understand the trend for 'squashy-arsed' SUVs. They are basically load luggers (estate cars) so WHY make them look as though a 'Hephalump' has sat on the rear end. ;)
Had the Kodiaq been any more 'squashy-arsed' I would have bought a Forester. Which I nearly did anyway because of the absolute F up of a Kodiaq Launch. Even now, having had my order accepted by Skoda U.K., my dealer still cannot put my name on it. It has had to be ordered as a demo, to be tagged to me when Skoda finally get off their fat arses and get their IT ducks in a row, instead of scattered allover the place! PATHETIC!! :twisted: :twisted:
Rant over. Back into my cave! :lol:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
I wonder how long it takes a car to progress down the assembly line from beginning to driving off the other end, and how many are on the line at any one time?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts