Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Well trigger pulled this afternoon on my new Kodiaq - 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG, Sportline in Quartz grey.

Options:

ACC (with a question pending about the lane assist)
Canton
Heated screen
Heated steering wheel
Children pack (locking and blinds)
Front and rear parking sensors
Traffic sign recognition
Space saver wheel

Think that's about it.

Obviously got the £1000 fuel, and the first 2 services thrown in also, along with a healthy discount of around 14% (inc the £2k deposit contribution) very happy with the deal and monthlies.

Had a wobble though, the LR dealer contacted me yesterday with a LR sport HSE 240 Petrol brand new (unregistered) with a discount so big, it matched the Kodiac monthlies. Was sorely tempted, but gut helped me decide to stick with the Skoda!

Have a couple of questions but will keep them for a new thread (various insurances I was offered).

But for now, the long wait begins (quoted 14-16 weeks) - maybe N Ireland has another couple of week due to shipping / transport.

Looking forward to joining the club!

Gordie

·
Registered
76 Posts
Gordie1973 said:
Hi All,

Well trigger pulled this afternoon on my new Kodiaq - 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG, Sportline in Quartz grey.

Options:

ACC (with a question pending about the lane assist)
Canton
Heated screen
Heated steering wheel
Children pack (locking and blinds)
Front and rear parking sensors
Traffic sign recognition
Space saver wheel

Think that's about it.

Obviously got the £1000 fuel, and the first 2 services thrown in also, along with a healthy discount of around 14% (inc the £2k deposit contribution) very happy with the deal and monthlies.

Had a wobble though, the LR dealer contacted me yesterday with a LR sport HSE 240 Petrol brand new (unregistered) with a discount so big, it matched the Kodiac monthlies. Was sorely tempted, but gut helped me decide to stick with the Skoda!

Have a couple of questions but will keep them for a new thread (various insurances I was offered).

But for now, the long wait begins (quoted 14-16 weeks) - maybe N Ireland has another couple of week due to shipping / transport.

Looking forward to joining the club!

Gordie
Nice choice ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Cool :)

Did the deal also come with 3 year roadside assistance?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assumed so! Damnit. But will double check tomorrow.

Do they normally try and wiggle out of that?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm sure it will be fine and included. When I bought mine I didn't check for deals it was only later that I found out (via twitter!) that new skoda deals appear to come with £1k fuel card, 2 years free servicing, 3 years roadside assistance, £2k dealer contribution :)

Let's be honest, the roadside assistance and 2 years servicing are pretty low risk for new cars! Plus, it is you and I who will have to pay for the Big service in 3 years time...heyho, just make sure you get those 4 things :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
The fuel card is just a prepaid MasterCard. You can spend it on what you want

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aimlisted said:
Interesting! I shall not be passing this info on to my Mrs!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
aimlisted said:
When I had £500 worth of fuel on my last Yeti it wouldn't work for anything BUT fuel.
They may have changed it, but I doubt it.

Three year warranty is standard in the U.K. It is not up to the dealer to disallow it.

These rather nice offers make me wonder just how successful the Kodiaq sales really have been to date :?: :roll:
Seems very odd to me to have to start making theses offers when the car has not been out for a year yet.

Living in a conurbation of nearly half a million with only one Skoda dealer to service it I am very surprised that I have only seen 2 other Ks in the 10 months since launch in the local area +one near Sherborne on a Wessex reg number, obviously sold by the Yeovil dealer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
aimlisted said:
When I had £500 worth of fuel on my last Yeti it wouldn't work for anything BUT fuel.

Three year warranty is standard in the U.K. It is not up to the dealer to disallow it.

These rather nice offers make me wonder just how successful the Kodiaq sales really have been to date :?: :roll:
Seems very odd to me to have to start making theses offers when the car has not been out for a year yet.

Living in a conurbation of nearly half a million with only one Skoda dealer to service it I am very surprised that I have only seen 2 other Ks in the 10 months since launch in the local area +one near Sherborne on a Wessex reg number, obviously sold by the Yeovil dealer.
You may be right. It was what my Skoda dealer told me. I haven't got it yet but how can they only make sure you use it for fuel

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Don't ask me. :?
The only thing I can think of is that on [email protected] pumps the card reader is obviously different from those in shops, as you remove the card BEFORE it knows how much to debit you.
I can't comment on filling station shops as I only ever use 'pay at pump'.

G

·
I was informed that the £1000 petrol offer was essentially a prepaid MasterCard that could be used for anything, the only exception was you couldn't use it as part of your deposit or pay it into a PCP to reduce the payments.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Colin, re: price reductions - who pays RRP really?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, it seems a weird thing to do, I'd have thought a better deal for Skoda would be to offer it on accessories or something they could "earn" on as I imagine their margins on £1000 of add ons (roof box etc) would be cheaper than buying a fuel card.

As for the sales of the Kodiaq, I think all manufacturers are struggling at the minute, when I effectively get an £8k discount on a discovery sport with only the tiniest of pushes...... I've seen Q5s with upwards of 15% (unprompted!) for unregistered new cars that previously were pushing 10/12% etc,

The pips are definitely squeaking with the uncertainty in the uk at the minute - inflation / interest rates creeping etc, so big purchases are being pondered with greater analysis I believe.

Personally - it seems a great time to buy, hence I did!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Shocks said:
Well I'm afraid I did apart from a £500 loyalty/25th Anniversary gift from my dealer matched by Skoda U.K . Being an early adopter (I ordered it unseen and untried on the 22nd December 2016) For cars ordered before February 2017 Skoda Factory gave free Canton (which I didn't want !!) , would rather have had the money off, and a spare wheel £110, which I did want. So in actual monetary savings I had £1110 discount. :D
Canton offer only for cash buyers I seem to remember, not PCP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
aimlisted said:

Me thinks the Bear is by nature very shy.
Since last Feb when I first became interested I have yet to see one on the open road.
BUT
Within 100yds of my home in Lymington there are two others happily nestled on their owners driveways.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Shocks said:
Well I'm afraid I did apart from a £500 loyalty/25th Anniversary gift from my dealer matched by Skoda U.K . Being an early adopter (I ordered it unseen and untried on the 22nd December 2016) For cars ordered before February 2017 Skoda Factory gave free Canton (which I didn't want !!) , would rather have had the money off, and a spare wheel £110, which I did want. So in actual monetary savings I had £1110 discount. :D
Canton offer only for cash buyers I seem to remember, not PCP.
Colin, you've made the same error before on the forum. Pcp buyers had the offer too, but pch did not.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Apologies. I beg your pardon!
Having always paid cash for my cars I am not aux fait with the ins and outs of various credit facilities.
I'll shut up! :oops:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was also told that the £1000 MasterCard could be used for anything, except, towards payment of the car itself.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Well that's useful. They have obviously changed the rule since I had my card.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts