Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skoda NZ increased Kodiaq prices by $3000 in 2018 due to a weakening NZD

background: in NZ, Kodiaqs are sold in four engine-transmission-spec packages, which can be up-specced

i placed my order before the price-jump cutoff , but wish to downgrade my package selection (FWD instead of 4x4 )

they say they'll have to charge me the new price ($3000 higher), because it's a re-order not a modification of an existing order

are they acting fairly, or am i having a leg pulled ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think thats fair as it a complete vehicle change and not just a bolt on modification.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,045 Posts
They are being fair imo. So you ordered an Ambiton+ at $45k? The new price for the Ambition is still $2k cheaper than what you've ordered the Ambiton+ for, so why not just re-order..?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Have you had a confirmed build week?
IMHO (in U.K. at least) you can make changes before the confirmed build week but not after at any price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zach said:
They are being fair imo. So you ordered an Ambiton+ at $45k? The new price for the Ambition is still $2k cheaper than what you've ordered the Ambiton+ for, so why not just re-order..?
the Ambition's leather / fabric look is beautiful

i know, $2000 cheaper. just hurts to be paying $3000 more than i could have

not sure if they can't help, or won't (modifying order instead of re-ordering)

4x4 badge : how much help / hindrance will it have on re-sale in NZ, Zach ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Have you had a confirmed build week?
IMHO (in U.K. at least) you can make changes before the confirmed build week but not after at any price.
placed the order 23rd Dec, haven't been given expected completion date by factory, Colin

·
Registered
407 Posts
If a price change happens then any modification will be at the prices in force at the time of the change

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,045 Posts
chrisluciofg said:
Zach said:
the Ambition's leather / fabric look is beautiful

i know, $2000 cheaper. just hurts to be paying $3000 more than i could have

not sure if they can't help, or won't (modifying order instead of re-ordering)

4x4 badge : how much help / hindrance will it have on re-sale in NZ, Zach ?
$2000 that goes back in your pocket... Better than nothing.

Will increase resale value. Kiwis are more willing to pay for the AWD models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.