Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have just ordered a 2.0 148bhp 5 seat edition 4x4 DSG with several optional extras. I'm contemplating adding the ambient lighting too. Is it worth it? I don't know if spending £200 on it is or not? Any opinions ?

·
Registered
724 Posts
As functinal benefit... not really... as a decoration... yeah, definitely.

It is part of Style equipment in Slovenia so I do have it by default.

It is cool for my kids but after 4 weeks we stopped switching the colours altough blue look nice. But it could change in winter time when the night will start at 5pm.

Oh, I've forgot something: if you have ambi light then chosen colour also sets background of colour maxi-dot screen and background of 9,2" Columbus widget on home screen. I am going to make some shots about it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The ambient lighting is just LED strips in the doors and footwell lights front and back. You can change the colour of strips and dim the footlights but they are always white. I like it, but it is more of a style thing, the door LEDs are attractive but they do not 'light' anything. Other brands do ambient lighting much more effectively, things like interior door handles/cup holders, directed pools of background lighting in specific areas of the vehicle, but you are talking cars that cost twice as much.

Is it worth the money? Maybe, it lifts the interior a little, and that gives a feel good factor, so on balance yes. Just don't expect the wow factor of some more premium brands and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Any optional extras are not going to benefit resale amounts, but could give your car the edge over another come sale time.
So add what you would want/use that seems worth it to you for the period you intend to keep the car.
I have it and its a nice feature, but not at all necessary ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine also has the ambient lighting, but I had no choice about it. They were already on the stock car I bought. Nice but useless!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts