Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this motor for 3 weeks now.

1300 miles done, today the oil change warning came on saying need oil change at 1800miles.

Do i have to pay for the first oil change or is this supposed to be done free of charge as part of the warranty.

Also if i have to pay do Skoda have to do it or can i take it somewhere else that do it cheaper.

dose it really need to be flushed too as part of the oil change.

When i had my Octavia the servicing was free so did not have to pay but they wanted to charge for the flush,

shouldn't they do both as part of the first oil change whether i pay or not.

·
Registered
181 Posts
steve1k said:
I have had this motor for 3 weeks now.

1300 miles done, today the oil change warning came on saying need oil change at 1800miles.
Something wrong there ! The oil should be good for 18k miles or 2 years.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I agree with 'Something wrong'.
But as an ex Shell Lubricants man I would always change my oil and filter every year.
Skoda servicing can be set in different ways. If you are high mileage long distance then It could be left for 18 months.
The default mode is 1 year or 10,000 miles which is what you should do if (like me) you do a lot of short/cold runs.
Speak to your dealer.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Actually they all leave the factory on variable servicing (up to 2 years / 18K ish miles)

Many dealer will change this on the PDI to fixed servicing.

Steve if you have had the car from new then someone has screwed the PDI up, take it back and get them to rectify the issue with some goodwill thrown in for the inconveinience it will cause you.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Sorry, all my Skodas have arrived with me set at 'Fixed servicing', so, being a simpleton ;) I assumed that was default. My mistake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts