Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove home from town after a night out and noticed that the dials behind the steering wheel weren't lighting - lights switched to auto, instrument lighting on in settings.

Got home and thought about it and checked: my knee had caught the knob that controls the lights (off/auto/running/on/etc) and knocked it off auto onto running lights only...

Switched it back onto auto and - it being dark - the dual backlights came on...

Bit silly but Just in case anyone else bumps into this ... :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just be aware that you will have no rear lights on at all whilst the DRLs are on at the front.

After driving 35 miles in the dark tonight I do wonder how you did not notice the LED headlights were not on?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
dalglir said:
Just drove home from town after a night out and noticed that the dials behind the steering wheel weren't lighting - lights switched to auto, instrument lighting on in settings.

Got home and thought about it and checked: my knee had caught the knob that controls the lights (off/auto/running/on/etc) and knocked it off auto onto running lights only...

Switched it back onto auto and - it being dark - the dual backlights came on...

Bit silly but Just in case anyone else bumps into this ... :oops: :lol:
You must be about 6'+ like me.
I actually said to Meadens, "The flippin' headlights keep coming on". It took me ages to realise I was hitting the switch with my knee when I got in. The switch is so lightly 'detented' that you can't feel that you have done it. It's a damn silly place to put the switch. The other thing that really annoys me and it is, as far as I know, common across the Skoda range, there is no warning light on the dashboard to tell you the headlights are on. Not a problem at night but in misty or heavy rain they sometimes cannot be seen.
Most manufacturers have a green light for low beam and a blue one for high beam. I have found more than once having to take my eyes off the road to look at the tiny 'on' light & position of the switch. Another 'Simply Stupid' from Skoda. They ain't as clever as they think they are!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colin Lambert said:
You must be about 6'+ like me.
I actually said to Meadens, "The flippin' headlights keep coming on". It took me ages to realise I was hitting the switch with my knee when I got in. The switch is so lightly 'detented' that you can't feel that you have done it. It's a damn silly place to put the switch. The other thing that really annoys me and it is, as far as I know, common across the Skoda range, there is no warning light on the dashboard to tell you the headlights are on. Not a problem at night but in misty or heavy rain they sometimes cannot be seen.
Most manufacturers have a green light for low beam and a blue one for high beam. I have found more than once having to take my eyes off the road to look at the tiny 'on' light & position of the switch. Another 'Simply Stupid' from Skoda. They ain't as clever as they think they are!
Noted the lack of headlights warning light. Thought it was a bit odd. Especially with the Edition's ultra bright 'nobhead lights' :) but hey ho... :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
'Nobhead'? I assume LEDs?
SE Ls have LEDs as well. I have yet to use them at night, but I have noticed when flashing to invite another car to proceed, even in bright sunlight how brightly they reflect off the other cars front number plate.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Which option are we (UK drive on left) in the lights?
"Left traffic" or "Right Traffic"
The problem we are having is you can look at it both ways as in the car is on the left or traffic is coming on the right.
Help would be appreciated. Skoda should have just put "drive on left" or "drive on right".

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gizmo68 said:
Just be aware that you will have no rear lights on at all whilst the DRLs are on at the front.

After driving 35 miles in the dark tonight I do wonder how you did not notice the LED headlights were not on?
The route was about 4 miles and almost entirely lit by streetlights. I live in a city :) also, only had the car a few days: still not used to how bright it's lights are...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Colin Lambert said:
'Nobhead'? I assume LEDs?
Its a company car and I spend a lot of time on the road. Super bright beams on incoming traffic are a pet peeve ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts