Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dealer asked me to test sunroof closing automatically when it rain, because he didn't know!

Opened sunroof; exited & locked car; splashed water on windscreen over rear view mirror. Nothing.

Anyone got different experience?

·
Registered
314 Posts
This was disabled by Škoda because of 'a safety issue' ... stupid people could trap a body part whilst it was closing.

VCDS can re-enable the feature.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Gizmo - that begs the follow on question: what else can be enabled by VCDS that is useful that isn't on by default?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I haven't test driven a Kodiaq yet so some of these items may be activated already (although they are not on the Superb or Octavia which are built on the same MQB platform... along with several other VAG cars)
As well as the comfort rain closing for the sunroof here are just some of the things that can be done:

Enabling refuel quantity in the maxidot

Enable DRL menu in the infotainment (so you can turn them on and off)

Enabling fan (blower) speed display in AUTO mode (as std when the heater is set to AUTO the fan speed LEDs are blank)

Enabling Traffic Sign Recognition on models with Lane Assist

Turn on Rear DRLs (with front DRL and 'eyelashes' if required)

Heated seat level memory - Lets the car remember the last used heated seat level (currently it only remembers for 10 mins)

Changing the upper speed threshold for cornering fogsPermanently Disable Start-Stop

Driving mode display on maxidot

Disable tailgate beep

Automatically change clock to summertime

Activating High beam assist (not tried with LED headlights yet)

Activating alarm chirps locking/unlocking (and lets you turn them on and off via the infotainment screen

This list is not exhaustive, there are also a few things some will see as pointless.... we are all different so please resect that.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Gizmo, regarding the alarm chirp - is that via horn or an external speaker?

·
Registered
314 Posts
If the car is fitted with an alarm (std in the UK) then it is by the alarm siren, it's a fairly discreet chirp,
however if not alarm is specced (in a market where it is not std fit) then it uses the horn.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
If the car is fitted with an alarm (std in the UK) then it is by the alarm siren, it's a fairly discreet chirp,
however if not alarm is specced (in a market where it is not std fit) then it uses the horn.
I'll be sure to option the KESSY+Alarm combo then.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
Where in NZ are you Zach? (I have the details of 5 VCDS owners in NZ)
Hamilton, about 130ish km from Auckland. I assume you got the users from the VCDS Owners thread you made mover on briskoda? It'd be great to get into contact with kitset, but I'm interested in getting my own HEX-V2 to play around with.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes the info is from that thread I started, the closest to you is in Tauranga, so not exactly 'close' depending on what you specced when ordering VCDS can pay for itself purely by not paying for options, most of those I have listed above are not available as an option and most dealers will not / do not know how to do them.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Options I would like are:

• Refuel Quantity
  • High Beam Assist (unavailable in NZ)
  • Changing upper speed threshold for cornering fogs
  • Permantly disabling Start/Stop
  • Activating alarm chirp
  • Dial staging
  • Disabling orange mode button when in different profiles

EDIT - these too
  • Rain closing
  • Front wiper park

I'd like to add Traffic Sign Recognition (unavailable in NZ) but does it change the cruise control speed? A lot of lorrys here have speed signs on the back of them and I have heard of that being a problem for camera-based traffic sign systems over in Australia.

·
Registered
314 Posts
No the TSR will only read the road signs,
we also have European trucks with multiple speed limit signs on them and I have not noticed my car pick one of them up (I will endeavour to check now though!)
it also does not change the speed of the CC / ACC (but will give you an audible warning if you have the option turned on for a warning at X mph over the speed limit).

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
No the TSR will only read the road signs,
we also have European trucks with multiple speed limit signs on them and I have not noticed my car pick one of them up (I will endeavour to check now though!)
it also does not change the speed of the CC / ACC (but will give you an audible warning if you have the option turned on for a warning at X mph over the speed limit).
Am I able to turn the audible warning and only visual? I assume the system can read and distinguish proper signs and temporary signs too?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes it will read permanent and (usually overhead) temporary matrix signs we have on the motorway etc

I have the audible warning turned off, the TSR won't actually give you a visual overspeed warning it just displays the speed limit sign in the maxidot (a bit of caution is needed with it as it is not always 100% accurate, but it is very useful in temporary speed limit areas)

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Our temporary signs aren't as sophisticated as they are in the UK...

Would TSR say it's temporary or not?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd certainly be interested in the ones below,
If there's anyone in the Leeds area.

Would be great to get a full list of what's possible

Gizmo68 said:
Enabling refuel quantity in the maxidot

Enable DRL menu in the infotainment (so you can turn them on and off)

Enabling fan (blower) speed display in AUTO mode (as std when the heater is set to AUTO the fan speed LEDs are blank)

Enabling Traffic Sign Recognition on models with Lane Assist

Driving mode display on maxidot

Automatically change clock to summertime

·
Registered
617 Posts
Does this void manufacturer's warranty? Will it get reversed when the car is serviced? How much does it cost?

·
Registered
314 Posts
No implications on warranty, the items are already there, all you are doing is turning them on.
The coding will only be reversed if a controller is physically changed (rare)

To buy VCDS starts at around £225 (up to £500+) but for most people one visit to an experienced VCDS owner is enough, generally all this will cost you is 'a drink'

1 - 20 of 41 Posts