Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new kodiaq with apative suspension is noisy from front. It sounds like old tired front suspension. Tested the dealers kodiaq with ordinary suspension and its pretty quiet. share your thoughts and experience. Booked my car to dealer... and ofcourse the steering wheel is not straight like with may old superb and passat. Same bugs as allways on VAG cars.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You mean like tissing sounds over bumps particularly noticeable in my underground car park with the speed bumps also my wheel isn't straight

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C2atb said:
You mean like tissing sounds over bumps particularly noticeable in my underground car park with the speed bumps also my wheel isn't straight
Hi sorry dont understand word "tissing" I'm not british :)...but its rather knocking like thump thump thump

·
Registered
422 Posts
Fuzzz said:
the steering wheel is not straight
What do you mean with this?
I might regret asking this, because hitherto I have not noticed anything awry with my steering wheel.

Or are you being homophobic about a steering wheel? ;)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
There have been a couple of reports about misaligned steering wheels.
I don't remember them being from Kvasiny, but I might be wrong.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
misaligned steering wheels
This means that the car would slowly pull to either the left or the right, no?
Does this not cause uneven wear on the tyres?

I had better look out for this then.
I presume the dealer can sort this out?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
No, it should not drift either way it just means that instead of the spokes (with the buttons on) being at quarter to three they may be at 10 to 4 or 10 past 8.
In other words the person that put the steering wheel on in the factory got it one or more splines away from dead ahead position. Quite rare these days.
Yes, the dealer should put it right for you. In the good old pre-airbag days it could be done by a competent owner in minutes. But don't risk trying to do it yourself or the airbag might explode in your face.
It is a manufacturing fault. Therefore down to the dealer to correct it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steering wheel is misaligned that' s for sure. It means if I straighten the wheel (turning it abit to right) the car runs away from road about per 60-70 meters. If I drove home first night with a new car and rode it one day everything was ok. Thats what I think....is everything on front axel settled in or run in and needs to new alignment ...if you now what I mean.My old car Superb MK2 suffered the same problem. Dealer and mechanics confirmed this problem and they eliminated the problem atonce.
But the knocking front suspension is the thing I'm worried about...maybe I have to run in the hole vehicle. I experienced this years ago when my brand new Passat B5 made the same knocking sound ...the dealer changed both front shocks and the sound still existed but after a while the sound was gone and thats it...
Weird thing is going with me and my VAG Group cars :roll: :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts