Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought KODIAQ 4x2 and i`m very satisfied, but yesterday and today i can notice a small noise wile driving on 2nd shift on low torque.
it`s like two metals, grinding together.. or when you pres and release the pedal fastly...(like krrrrr) than it stops when i drive faster..
i have opened a case on authorized skoda distributor and now i am waiting for they response..
i`m a bit disappointed anyone had similar case?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes. Mine is in the workshop for a 2nd week in attempt to sort this. It's not clear what's causing this.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not yet fixed. The dash has had to come off. I expect a 3rd week in the workshop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the problem is on driving 3rd gear on low rpm (specialy 1400 rpm) while driving and pressing the gas pedal slowly you hear the noise, like two metal grinding and when you drive it faster, (rpm increasing) the noise disappears.
I can confirm the issue is also on another brand new KODIAQ. it could be Kodiaq series issue i`m not sure , we should see .. but i can say that i`m very concerned.

On the Authorized Skoda Service, they replaced DSG and after that they said its normal. why would they replace on the first if it was normal? so wired!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any one who read this message can confirm that ?
p.s: to hear you have to focus on it, on silent road! i`t could be a series problem and any report could help them to inspect and resolve, maybe recall...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Kodiaqqq,

Have you got a 6 gear manual Kodiaq ? My car do this same problem .( my car is manual 4x4). If yes i will sent to you my motor and other number it is not normal. Maybe and I hope it is a bad series. I also waiting the factory and distributor answer. Thank you in advance. Kodiaqhu1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Someone has experience with this 6 gear diesel manual(4x4) shift/gear problem ?

Loud noise, vibration from the gear/shift from under if you push the clutch in 1 shift again to put 2 shift or only just go in the traffic jam between 1 shift and zero shift. Never heard this other car not just a new one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

Anyone has some kind of follow up on this subject ?
My brand new Kodiaq does exactly the same sound. It's a 4x2 2.0 TDI DSG.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Could those who have not already done so PLEASE put your vehicle details on your signature so those of us interested in this thread know which models(engine, transmission) the problems refer to.
Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the same noise. DSG 7, diesel.

JoHn

·
Registered
17 Posts
After some time listening to the noise and trying to understand when it happens most, I am starting to believe this noise is the DMF.
Sometimes I can ear the noise when stopped, and if I put the DSG in Neutral, the noise stops. But when I return the DSG to D/S, the noise doesn't start until the car sarts to move (probably there is no gear engaged), so the DMF is stopped ???).

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
DMFs do fail, (usually on diesels, because of the greater torque,) but on a car THIS NEW???
I've never heard of one failing this early. DEALER!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Can someone explain to me what 4x2 is - do you mean a normal FWD Kodiaq?

As for DMF's failing - plenty of instances over the years of brand new cars across all VAG brands with dicky DMF's - any component can fail, that is what warranties are for. If there was zero chance of a failure then you wouldn't need a warranty :)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
4X2 is,as you correctly surmise, Front Wheel Drive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine is a 6 speed manual diesel.But never heard any noise Kodiaqqq..!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Last night the noise was almost gone. This morning the noise was really loud. Worst when steering left.
I will take it to the dealer, but I like to go there with some information on my hands, as they always try to say that "It's normal"!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
If they say it's normal ask why nobody else on the Forum has the same problem!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
If they insist in the "It's normal" route, I will immediatly start the rejection process. The car has 1 week and I won't accept this kind of noises in a 49k€ car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not sure if I have the same noise as you all. Mine is most noticeable when turning a lower speed at a mini island etc but when in neutral there is no noise. Mine has been in the dealer several times do several days as I thought it wasn't steering related but maybe it is the gearbox? They could not hear the issue! Seems to be worse after a bit of driving and is not related to outside temperature.

I have even tried recording the noise but not managed yet!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.