Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls

Thought I would have a look what's happening on here after being told about it by my customer!

My name is Matt and I have worked in a Skoda dealership for 3 years in Sales and management.

I've been in the motor trade for 15 years and worked for a number of franchises.

Reason for joining? To help and answer questions and also for clarification to avoid any upsets.

All opinions and thoughts are my own and are not related to Skoda or the company I work for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Welcome Matt, do tell us , was the dealership network told from the outset by Skoda that customers would not be allowed to have their cars before 5 April ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paymaster said:
Welcome Matt, do tell us , was the dealership network told from the outset by Skoda that customers would not be allowed to have their cars before 5 April ?
I have not seen anything at all and I check the Skoda hub daily!!

I would want my car registering this month if my car was in the uk because of the new ved laws from the 1st April

On some kodiaqs the tax will be £500 then £450 per year
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,544 Posts
Matt,
I think the problem is that management in dealers may be told about early registrations but the info may not trickle down to the salesmen.
I strongly advise you to speak urgently to Skoda UK Executive Office regarding this matter. They are adamant that the no reg rule is a firm instruction.
Which dealer do you work for? Not Simpsons perchance? They seem to be the main culprit flouting the early reg rule.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am in management Colin, I have not seen any communication about registering before the 6th, I do not work for Simpsons and they are not the only people registering vehicles (not all of us could of missed that communication)

If vehicles are in the UK we can register them to avoid the tax increase, this will be the case for everyone because they will have a target to hit and prices increase is not protected for April delivery's because its the Government not Skoda increasing the price.

I understand your frustrations that your vehicle is not here, I have tracked my vehicles from point of order and kept customers informed and used the guidelines that Skoda put in place for ETA, build week 9 should always have a March delivery, if the vehicle had not had a transport order raised by the 24th March it was not guaranteed to make the month (your dealer would needed to call the vehicle off to inform the delivery company they wanted it this month, if this happened after this date then it is in limbo land (I call all my vehicles off when built to pre warn when I want them on site)
If your car is in UK port your dealer can request to collect it from the port, have they suggested that?

It is just a suggestion, I will say its not all down to Skoda UK, dealers have processes to follow and I would think if we were told we could not register the vehicle it would have a block put in the AFRL system by Skoda UK so we couldn't (I have seen that with previous manufactures I have worked for)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,544 Posts
Matt. Thanks for the info. We are getting a bit mixed up with two threads running along the same lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Matt - my Dealer tells me my car is in UK ( Grimsby we think) but Škoda HAVE put a block on it until end March. He expects it early next week, but has been provided with no info.

He is as embarrassed as I am bemused.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KodiaqPetrolHead said:
Matt - my Dealer tells me my car is in UK ( Grimsby we think) but Škoda HAVE put a block on it until end March. He expects it early next week, but has been provided with no info.

He is as embarrassed as I am bemused.
Hi PetrolHead,

Your dealer is not telling you lies, they were held at UK port till the 24th March (I had 6 turn up here on that date reason being is they wanted to do the press launch before they were in dealers)

If your dealer had called it off (raised a transport order) before the 24th they had a good chance it would turn up this month, ask them if they can register it to avoid tax increase? (they may be able to collect it but this is at a cost to the dealership)

UK port to dealer is 10 working days before it becomes priority (I have never had to wait that long if I am honest and in most cases it is 5-6 days)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
purpleparrotuk said:
Hi, Can a car be registered as soon as it hits the UK or does it have to be at the dealers first? Mine is at Grimsby Port and was hoping to beat the tax rises.
I have been told they can be registered at status 40 (in UK providing the port has put the VIN in to AFRL (system used to register vehicles)

I currently have 2 vehicles at 40 which were registered yesterday for the 31st so know it can be done.

It is at discretion of the dealer because if the vehicle turns up damaged it is down to them not Skoda.

I would ask if its ok to register it for you but it is a risk they will run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Interesting KodiaqPetrolHead, my car has arrived in Grimsby and I believe waiting to be delivered to dealer. So maybe I will beat the road tax increase but it may be a long shot at this stage.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,544 Posts
You can't register a new car without teaching it. It's all ones action.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,544 Posts
When you say 'YOU' do you mean the dealer?
I may be wrong but I don't think members of the public CAN register a new car. If that is the case. The dealer can register it without insuring it, as the DVLA trust the dealer not to let the car out of their premises unless the owner has insured it, hence most manufacturers offering 7 day free insurance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Colin Lambert said:
When you say 'YOU' do you mean the dealer?
I may be wrong but I don't think members of the public CAN register a new car. If that is the case. The dealer can register it without insuring it, as the DVLA trust the dealer not to let the car out of their premises unless the owner has insured it, hence most manufacturers offering 7 day free insurance.
Only dealer can register them. Amazing! I was correct. ;) C.A.L.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I meant the dealer. Sorry not getting a Kodiaq. Joined the group because I love kodiaq and was thinking about getting one but got a Skoda Superb instead. :)

Cars supposed to be arriving at dealers tomorrow and it will be a mad rush for them to get it taxed and registered. I'm at work so can't pickup until weekend. Thanks for the advice and apologies that I may have gate crashed the kodiaq party.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
purpleparrotuk said:
I meant the dealer. Sorry not getting a Kodiaq. Joined the group because I love kodiaq and was thinking about getting one but got a Skoda Superb instead. :)

Cars supposed to be arriving at dealers tomorrow and it will be a mad rush for them to get it taxed and registered. I'm at work so can't pickup until weekend. Thanks for the advice and apologies that I may have gate crashed the kodiaq party.
Enjoy your Superb they really are!! :mrgreen: :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top