Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just gotten the spec sheet for NZ spec Kodiaq s and it's impressive to say the least.

The spec is not for the general public's eyes until the 1st of February so I will remain vague on the prices until then.

For petrol we get the 1.4 TSI (150PS in 2WD and 4WD) and the 2.0 TSI. Diesel wise we only get the 190PS. The range starts from around $40k to $60k (23k-35k pounds)

For the 2.0 TSI and TDI standard items include DCC, electric ventilated seats, Area View, tri-zone A/C, upgraded LED package, heated steering wheel, Canton sound and Columbus infotainment. Amazing value as always.

The fantastic pricing means I definitely will be getting one when time comes.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
In some respects that is better than all the other markets. I don't think any European cars have area view as standard.
Perhaps Skoda think the Antipodeans could benefit from it because of their driving! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Colin Lambert said:
In some respects that is better than all the other markets. I don't think any European cars have area view as standard.
Perhaps Skoda think the Antipodeans could benefit from it because of their driving! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will admit yes, a good majority of drivers in NZ are shite but that's mostly concentrated in Auckland to be honest...

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paymaster said:
Don't knock the JAFFAs, I have best friends there who live overlooking Rangitoti, some neil our!
Haha, just Kiwi banter. We have a house there and go there every month :)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
At a quick glance your 'Ambition' is certainly much better specced than U.K. S. Lucky you! But then we Poms always get the sh1tty end of the stick. Mind you looking at Romans EU prices our stick in the U.K. seem a lot less messy than some of the other EU countries this time around.
The Netherlands Tax and annual Road fund tax horrified me. I bet the sales of Kodiaq Hybrid when it comes will be higher than pure fossil fuelled cars in The Netherlands, if like us the annual tax is based on Co2/Nox emissions.
I'm sure others would be interested to know about Kiwi VAT (or equivalent) and Road fund tax costs.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Colin Lambert said:
At a quick glance your 'Ambition' is certainly much better specced than U.K. S. Lucky you! But then we Poms always get the sh1tty end of the stick. Mind you looking at Romans EU prices our stick in the U.K. seem a lot less messy than some of the other EU countries this time around.
The Netherlands Tax and annual Road fund tax horrified me. I bet the sales of Kodiaq Hybrid when it comes will be higher than pure fossil fuelled cars in The Netherlands, if like us the annual tax is based on Co2/Nox emissions.
I'm sure others would be interested to know about Kiwi VAT (or equivalent) and Road fund tax costs.
Our VAT (called GST here) is 15%. Road tax is 75 quid for the 2.0 TSI and for the 190PS TDI it's £130. In NZ diesel cars get taxed £36 per 1000km so the fuel savings for getting the diesel are offset. I travel about 15,000km a year or 9.300mi so tax is around £535

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Blimey!
I will have to stop moaning about British road tax!

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Blimey!
I will have to stop moaning about British road tax!
Mind you, the petrol costs more to run by about 200 quid yearly.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
How much are your Derv and petrol prices per gallon (or litre) If gallons I presume you are still on Imperial?
I've just answered my own question!!
https://www.expatistan.com/price/gas/auckland/GBP
unleaded here is currently (average) £1.20 per litre. £1.18 where I live.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Colin Lambert said:
How much are your Derv and petrol prices per gallon (or litre) If gallons I presume you are still on Imperial?
I've just answered my own question!!
https://www.expatistan.com/price/gas/auckland/GBP
unleaded here is currently (average) £1.20 per litre. £1.18 where I live.
Do you know if it's 95? The 2.0 TSI requires 95 I think - not sure about the 1.4 though. Interestingly for petrol a certain amount of the cost is tax (67¢ per litre) is a tax that doesn't apply for diesel as they get taxed differently as mentioned before.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
As far as I am aware all Skoda petrol engines (except perhaps VRs) need only 95octane. My 1.2 Yeti certainly does.
In the U.K. the fuel duty on 1 litre of unleaded petrol is 56.19 + VAT at 20%= 67.4ppl =NZ$1.17ppl
So 1 litre of unleaded here is 50.5 before the robbing government get their 'grubbies' on it. That equals £2.29.5 an Imperial gallon in stead of what we actually have to pay at the pump £5.36per ImpGal.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If there's anyone in NZ that's disappointed that there is no 5 seater option please stand by - my contact at Skoda New Zealand is trying to get the 5 seater cars available to us! Hopefully, he will get back to me by the end of the month for a confirmation on the availability.

Also, the first dealer cars should be here late April (Ebbett is getting their first 140kW TDI on the 25th) but don't expect to be driving them until later in the week, like the 28th. There will also be launch events at your dealers and they should be emailing you next week.

Initially, most dealers will be running a tight introduction drive schedule which may be 30 minutes or so, and a longer drive will most likely follow that by a week or two.

Also, for those towing, there is a factory option that also adds trailer assist to the vehicle. This is a moulded 50mm unit which CANNOT be changed to 1" 7/8.

This is $1600 if placed with the vehicle order.

If you need a 1 7/8 then you'll need to have a local traditional unit (removable tongue) with factory wiring loom. That will be "about" $2500.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like we've a good chance of getting a 5 seater!

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FIRST ONES ARE HERE!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Moon White.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Zach.
Went to a dealership today and there is an 110kw 4x4 ambition + at build week 13 available.

Has there been any production changes since then? Or is it safer to order one now?

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yebro said:
Hi Zach.
Went to a dealership today and there is an 110kw 4x4 ambition + at build week 13 available.

Has there been any production changes since then? Or is it safer to order one now?
For Ambition+ nothing to worry about. Style models have the Columbus system which from week 22 are getting the upgraded 9.2" system however Ambition+ only has Amundsen. Apart from that only minor things that won't make much difference.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts