Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all Kiwis (hope not just me...)

The Kodiaq lineup, and pricing will be announced on 27 January 2017 to the Kodiaq interest registry, with the announcement made to the general public on 1 February 2017.

Those on the interest registry will also be the first to know when the NZ configurator (a first for NZ) will be online.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Well done you. Bet you are excited. Do you know what the models are going to be called. UK names or European versions, or perhaps your very own antipodean versions.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Well done you. Bet you are excited. Do you know what the models are going to be called. UK names or European versions, or perhaps your very own antipodean versions.
I am for sure very excited! Model nomenclature is a bit ambiguous over here. For example the Octavia follows the already-known nomenclature Ambition and Style and the Fabia comes in Ambition and Sport, a bit unusual but that's normal compared to the Superb...

To make things complicated the Superb sedan trims are by engine ie. no actual names like Ambition etc. - the 187hp TSI, 190hp TDI 4X4 and 280hp TSI 4X4. That seems all well and fine until you find out the wagon is trimmed by Style and 'Style+'! Also the pricing sheets are completely different even though they're for the same model year...

I was told by a person at Skoda NZ that we can expect either Ambition and Style or Style and Style+ (Style+ sounds rather silly imho) so yeah, I'm not too sure.

In Australia they generally trim it by engine with the 'name' being a combination of kilowatt and fuel type eg. 140TDI, 206TSI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts