Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - joined for similar reasons to others - dealers lack knowledge of new products (perhaps inevitable, but frustrating, nonetheless). Have posted a question about towing capability of Kodiaqs having read a somewhat concerning statement by Practical Caravan.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome!
I am retired and have nothing to do all day except research my new car :lol:
Without wishing to brag :oops: .....On visits to various dealers I have found that I know far more about the Kodiaq than any of them! Most of them are clueless, which I don't think is their fault it is just one more cock-up that is the launch of the claimed jewel in Skoda's crown, I have even had to correct some Skoda staff on some of the facts they got wrong.
Thanks for putting the link to the Practical Caravan article on your other post
Although I do not tow, I am sure it would be of interest to many on this forum.
Thanks.
You may like this. Kodiaq towing assistant.

According to the U.K. configurator:-
S i.4 manual can have electric folding tow bar for £850
SE 5 seat 1.4 DSG DITTO
SE 5 seat 2.oL150bhp DSG 4X4 DITTO
SE L 7 seats NONE SHOWING TOW BAR OPTION
Edition 7 seats DITTO
For the FULLEST and best video review of the Kodiaq covering all aspects of the car including towing weights look at

Personally, I cannot believe that none ( I did not check EVERY engine for every grade but checked at least 1.4 and 150 or 190 bhp diesel) of the 7 seaters have a tow bar capability on the configurator. But then it is not perfect. For instance configurator does not show a leather option for the SEL. But it IS available.
So as far as towing is concerned check with your dealer and or Skoda Customer Service on........0333 003 7504
I hope all this is of some use to you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for this Colin - I've replied in detail in the main forum to avoid duplication

1 - 4 of 4 Posts