Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Currently own an Outdoor Superb and an Octavia. Wife runs a Citigo having had aYeti before....so we know our Skodas.

Never had one fault in any previous and current Skodas...until the new Kodiaq arrived on Monday. Delivered with a rear trim broken, no mats, missing boot protector and its first visit back to the dealer at just 2 days old!

Booked in again for Monday...Infotainment & Sat Nav completely stuffed...and don't get me started about the Skoda Connect and failed Apple car play!...

Quote from the dealer 6 months ago..."You don't need to add spec, the Edition comes with everything ". Everything that is apart from front sensors! How can a £36k car NOT come with these as standard...?

All in all a poor start to ownership...not what was hoped for. Let's hope things improve pronto

·
Registered
617 Posts
I used the online configurator to choose my spec before placing the order at the dealer. So I knew that front sensors and mats don't come as standard in any spec. (Front sensors come as standard only in SE Tech spec).

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Buckalec66 said:
Hi all.

Currently own an Outdoor Superb and an Octavia. Wife runs a Citigo having had aYeti before....so we know our Skodas.

Never had one fault in any previous and current Skodas...until the new Kodiaq arrived on Monday. Delivered with a rear trim broken, no mats, missing boot protector and its first visit back to the dealer at just 2 days old!

Booked in again for Monday...Infotainment & Sat Nav completely stuffed...and don't get me started about the Skoda Connect and failed Apple car play!...

Quote from the dealer 6 months ago..."You don't need to add spec, the Edition comes with everything ". Everything that is apart from front sensors! How can a £36k car NOT come with these as standard...?

All in all a poor start to ownership...not what was hoped for. Let's hope things improve pronto
Yet ANOTHER happy customer!!
They need to be told that their wonderful new Flagship is, in some cases. leaking!!
Write to them. the more who complain the more we may get done to put these inexcusable cock-ups right. What a shame they are , in many cases, spoiling a fantastic car!
Skoda Customer Service <[email protected]> FAO Executive Office

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hang on Colin, I get that you are into Skoda bashing at the moment and no doubt any time soon will be getting your pitch fork out, but an unhappy customer . . . for not doing due diligence and checking spec when spending 36k on a new car? That is hardly Skoda UK's fault. Like the other issues raised, the contract is with the dealer, not the manufacturer. If the car was mis-sold (and good luck proving that one in a court) reject it. The PDI on this vehicle seems to be woeful, again a dealer issue.

Have you considered a Dacia Duster Colin? It has the pipe and slippers appeal of a Yeti, doesn't have two seats you will never use, is virtually absent from the electronic dross that is obviously keeping you up at night, but it did get 7/10 from Top Gear - who knew?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Inexcusable cock-ups?

Broken trim should have been found by dealer on PDI, not Skoda's fault. No mats or 'boot protector'? Not sure what the
boot protector is but I knew mine wasn't coming with mats so again, not Skoda's fault.

I knew mine wasn't coming with front parking sensors so I ordered them. Again, not Skoda's fault the purchaser didn't know what
they were buying.

Faulty infotainment is a pain but I would hope is an easy fix. These things happen that's why they come with warranty.

I have to agree with AndyH a bit of an overreaction.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Plodd said:
Inexcusable cock-ups?

Broken trim should have been found by dealer on PDI, not Skoda's fault. No mats or 'boot protector'? Not sure what the
boot protector is but I knew mine wasn't coming with mats so again, not Skoda's fault.

I knew mine wasn't coming with front parking sensors so I ordered them. Again, not Skoda's fault the purchaser didn't know what
they were buying.

Faulty infotainment is a pain but I would hope is an easy fix. These things happen that's why they come with warranty.

+1

·
Registered
407 Posts
That is nowhere near as bad as my first Octavia 3 - the entire dashboard had to be removed to repair the wiring loom where it had been trapped between the dash and the bulkhead during assembly at the factory and it had cut through the wires for the dashboard and switch illumination. So absolutely no illumination of switches or downlighters. It even had a fault code logged for a short to earth.

I bought it as an ex-demonstrator, the service manager of Simpsons had been driving round in it for 6 months and hadn't noticed. It had even had its first service at 10k (Simpsons again) and the fault code hadn't been picked up. The first time I drove it at night it was immediately apparent. I booked it back in to Simpsons within 2 days of picking it up and their initial response was 'the switches don't illuminate, it never has, I should know I had this car for 6 months'. At which point I showed them one in the showroom and a print out of the fault code. But then again, it was Simpsons, just shows the quality of their PDI, servicing and staff!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Andy, Andyvee & Plod.
Why I am so cross is that I don't think the PDI would cover such things as the call buttons. As I understand it the customer has to supply details of their connect account. The dealer cannot just connect the call buttons and therefore COULD NOT have checked on PDI. My dealer spent nearly an hour trying to get them connected and they simply would not!
In defence of my dealer. Mine is the only Kodiaq he has had delivered to date and the Service department said that on their course the electronics side of the teaching was rushed through very quickly. I am going in on the 3rd July (first date I could manage)

I don't know about the autonomous braking. Apart from the fact it seems to have mind of it's own.
SUK told me the pan roof will close when it rains as long as the car has rain sensitive wipers. (The Yetis did) I have looked everywhere on the car set up on the ICE and there is NO option for rain closure of the roof.
Photographs and videos on ICE. Not essential I know, but it DID work and now it doesn't!.

Creaking door pulls. Only creaking on mine at the moment but others have had to have their complete door cards replaced through faulty workmanship.
Other's complaints that I mentioned.
Stained (bit oxymoronic here :lol: ) Stainless steel trim. Should have been dealt with by dealer but wasn't. Should not have happened in the first place. Ferrous oxide on the bumper , again should not happen in the first place, but dealer should have sorted it.
I am only a poor old pensioner ;) and paid hard earned retirement cash for my car.
I know the Kodiaq is the most complicated car electronically that Skoda have produced, but all the gizmology therein has been on VDubs for ages. So Skoda should have got it right.

You must have a very lenient attitude if you are prepared to pay North of £30k for a car with so many , albeit, not earth shattering, faults, but of all the new cars I have owned , admittedly far less 'electronic', The Kodiaq is THE worst for faults. So saying, all the electronic [email protected] aside. It is still the best car of the 76 I have owned and I love it to bits.

As I have said before I have a first class relationship with Meadens, they have a HUGE and brilliant reputation and have justifiably been Skoda Dealer of the Year last year. They only missed it this year because of having a new showroom built.
I have every faith in them to get it put right.

My gripe is they should NOT HAVE TO put all these faults right on Skoda's much vaunted Flagship model and I have to travel 40 miles and waste half a day on multiple occasions to sort out faults that should not be there in the first place.

I admit I am old fashioned and a perfectionist. I neither expect nor will lie down quietly and put up with things that should not happen.
I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, I just hope your cars are faultless.

One of the points of fora is that members should be able to express their opinions. I don't want arguements and I value other's opinions whether or not they agree or disagree with mine. :D
Anyway all. Have a super weekend driving around in our brilliant Kodiaqs.
TTFN.
p.s. I only mentioned other's problems in my rant to Skoda to try and help get them resolved. If SUK don't know about them they can't complain to the factory .

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
andyvee said:
That is nowhere near as bad as my first Octavia 3 - the entire dashboard had to be removed to repair the wiring loom where it had been trapped between the dash and the bulkhead during assembly at the factory and it had cut through the wires for the dashboard and switch illumination. So absolutely no illumination of switches or downlighters. It even had a fault code logged for a short to earth.

I bought it as an ex-demonstrator, the service manager of Simpsons had been driving round in it for 6 months and hadn't noticed. It had even had its first service at 10k (Simpsons again) and the fault code hadn't been picked up. The first time I drove it at night it was immediately apparent. I booked it back in to Simpsons within 2 days of picking it up and their initial response was 'the switches don't illuminate, it never has, I should know I had this car for 6 months'. At which point I showed them one in the showroom and a print out of the fault code. But then again, it was Simpsons, just shows the quality of their PDI, servicing and staff!
You were damn lucky you didn't have an automotive bonfire on your hands.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
andyvee said:

You were damn lucky you didn't have an automotive bonfire on your hands.
Agreed, and Simpsons couldn't give a monkeys that they had sold me a 6mth old ex-demo with such a serious fault that they had failed to notice yet were using the car daily and had just serviced it and prepared for sale as a Skoda Approved vehicle with its 100+ supposed checks.

I ended up getting rid of the car as it was riddled with electrical faults from that point onwards, start/stop errors, replacement BCM, replacement Columbus, replacement CAN Gateway plus more. Skoda UK Executive office basically bought me out of the car as Simpsons washed their hands of it.

Unfortunately someone somewhere is driving round in it, I hope they got it cheap enough.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Andy, Andyvee & Plod.
Why I am so cross is that I don't think the PDI would cover such things as the call buttons. As I understand it the customer has to supply details of their connect account. The dealer cannot just connect the call buttons and therefore COULD NOT have checked on PDI. My dealer spent nearly an hour trying to get them connected and they simply would not!
In defence of my dealer. Mine is the only Kodiaq he has had delivered to date and the Service department said that on their course the electronics side of the teaching was rushed through very quickly. I am going in on the 3rd July (first date I could manage)

I don't know about the autonomous braking. Apart from the fact it seems to have mind of it's own.
SUK told me the pan roof will close when it rains as long as the car has rain sensitive wipers. (The Yetis did) I have looked everywhere on the car set up on the ICE and there is NO option for rain closure of the roof.
Photographs and videos on ICE. Not essential I know, but it DID work and now it doesn't!.

Creaking door pulls. Only creaking on mine at the moment but others have had to have their complete door cards replaced through faulty workmanship.
Other's complaints that I mentioned.
Stained (bit oxymoronic here :lol: ) Stainless steel trim. Should have been dealt with by dealer but wasn't. Should not have happened in the first place. Ferrous oxide on the bumper , again should not happen in the first place, but dealer should have sorted it.
I am only a poor old pensioner ;) and paid hard earned retirement cash for my car.
I know the Kodiaq is the most complicated car electronically that Skoda have produced, but all the gizmology therein has been on VDubs for ages. So Skoda should have got it right.

You must have a very lenient attitude if you are prepared to pay North of £30k for a car with so many , albeit, not earth shattering, faults, but of all the new cars I have owned , admittedly far less 'electronic', The Kodiaq is THE worst for faults. So saying, all the electronic [email protected] aside. It is still the best car of the 76 I have owned and I love it to bits.

As I have said before I have a first class relationship with Meadens, they have a HUGE and brilliant reputation and have justifiably been Skoda Dealer of the Year last year. They only missed it this year because of having a new showroom built.
I have every faith in them to get it put right.

My gripe is they should NOT HAVE TO put all these faults right on Skoda's much vaunted Flagship model and I have to travel 40 miles and waste half a day on multiple occasions to sort out faults that should not be there in the first place.

I admit I am old fashioned and a perfectionist. I neither expect nor will lie down quietly and put up with things that should not happen.
I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, I just hope your cars are faultless.

One of the points of fora is that members should be able to express their opinions. I don't want arguements and I value other's opinions whether or not they agree or disagree with mine. :D
Anyway all. Have a super weekend driving around in our brilliant Kodiaqs.
TTFN.
p.s. I only mentioned other's problems in my rant to Skoda to try and help get them resolved. If SUK don't know about them they can't complain to the factory .
Hi Colin

I don't think anyone is trying to start an argument, but the OP was complaining about
rear trim broken - should have been picked up by dealer at PDI
no mats - mats are a chargeable extra - again, dealer error if the OP was led to believe mats were included, or OP error assuming they were
missing boot protector - again, a chargeable extra, dealer error or OP error
missing front sensors - again, a chargeable extra so dealer or OP error
Infotainment issues - no real detail on what 'completely stuiffed' means so difficult to comment

I appreciate your own car has had quality control issues, but unfortunately that's how it is with early adopters - the first 6 months worth of O3 production was a farce as well with quality control. If there is one thing I have learnt it is get your car after the first MY change when hopefully they correct some of the early issues, in true Skoda style usually by dropping the problematic item from the spec!

At least you have a Kodiaq! 5 1/2 months after ordering my car is partially built and probably sat in a field somewhere awaiting seats with no indication of when I will receive it. It will be inspected to within an inch of its life when it finally gets here, and rejected if there are any quality issues until they are fixed. I am not taking handover of a car with broken or missing trim, corroded chrome etc. etc. with a promise of it being fixed sometime in the future. I do not have a lenient attitude, but from the OP's post all I can see is that incorrect assumptions were made on the specification apart from the Infotainment issue, or the dealer mis-sold the car.

BTW rain closure has not been a standard feature for a while, if you have the correct RLHS sensor fitted it can be enabled with VCDS, but until I get my hands on a Kodiaq to try I can't confirm this, as the MIB units may be different to the ones fitted to other MQB platform cars.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Simpsons seem to be letting the Skoda team down quite a lot. I think it was them that were delivering Kodiaqs to customers before April 6th against the explicit I instructions of SUK .

·
Registered
407 Posts
But Simpsons are loved by Skoda UK because Neil Simpson runs a Fabia rally car - probably paid for by all the people who buy cars from them. They get exclusive deals that no other dealer gets, and by the looks of it a blind eye turned to ordering cars for stock against the policy etc.

I am not surprised they released cars early either, you can probably do that when your PDI procedure consists of not much more than a valet.

Remember Skoda UK blocking all the cheap 3rd party lease deals on the Superb 3 and cancelling orders - guess who was supplying all those cars to the 3rd party leasing companies - Simpsons. They got lumbered with 20+ Superbs IIRC.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Plodd said:
Inexcusable cock-ups?

they were buying.

Totally agree, if you are too lazy to research a £36k car purchase then I have very little sympathy if something is 'missing'. We too were aware that there were no front parking sensors on the Edition because we did did our homework.

I have also had a few quality issues on my Octavia vRS, in every occasion my Skoda dealer has resolved it without question, quickly and professionally which is more that can be said about other dealers I have had to deal with.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
andyvee said:
But Simpsons are loved by Skoda UK because Neil Simpson runs a Fabia rally car - probably paid for by all the people who buy cars from them. They get exclusive deals that no other dealer gets, and by the looks of it a blind eye turned to ordering cars for stock against the policy etc.

I am not surprised they released cars early either, you can probably do that when your PDI procedure consists of not much more than a valet.

Remember Skoda UK blocking all the cheap 3rd party lease deals on the Superb 3 and cancelling orders - guess who was supplying all those cars to the 3rd party leasing companies - Simpsons. They got lumbered with 20+ Superbs IIRC.
Thank God I am nowhere near Simpsons and thank God for Meadens!!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Jon Edwards said:
Plodd said:
Inexcusable cock-ups?

they were buying.

Totally agree, if you are too lazy to research a £36k car purchase then I have very little sympathy if something is 'missing'. We too were aware that there were no front parking sensors on the Edition because we did did our homework.

I have also had a few quality issues on my Octavia vRS, in every occasion my Skoda dealer has resolved it without question, quickly and professionally which is more that can be said about other dealers I have had to deal with.
I was using the Configurator as soon as it was available. Ages before the cars were rolling off the line, so I too knew exactly what I was getting. As far as dealers go I would think that the vast majority are good & efficient. But there are a few rotten apples.
From the posts here and on the Yeti forum, it looks as though Simpsons may not score too well, though I have no knowledge of them. as far as Westover in Bournmeouth goes, suffice it to say they are the reason I do a 40 mile round trip to Meadens for all my Skoda needs.
In my 21 years in Shell dealing with the retail motor trade I have found that the bigger the group the worse the service. In my experience The staff in the big groups just don't give a stuff!
Privately owned dealerships where the ultimate boss is on site everyday, I have found to be FAR better bet for good service, both in sales and servicing. My chap bends over backwards to help me which is why I have bought 4 Skodas from him and recommended a number of friends.
I have bumped the recommended Dealer listing courtesy of the Yeti Owners Club.
I hope it is of use to some of you.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Jon Edwards said:
Plodd said:
Inexcusable cock-ups?

they were buying.

I was using the Configurator as soon as it was available. Ages before the cars were rolling off the line, so I too knew exactly what I was getting. As far as dealers go I would think that the vast majority are good & efficient. But there are a few rotten apples.
From the posts here and on the Yeti forum, it looks as though Simpsons may not score too well, though I have no knowledge of them. as far as Westover in Bournmeouth goes, suffice it to say they are the reason I do a 40 mile round trip to Meadens for all my Skoda needs.
In my 21 years in Shell dealing with the retail motor trade I have found that the bigger the group the worse the service. In my experience The staff in the big groups just don't give a stuff!
Privately owned dealerships where the ultimate boss is on site everyday, I have found to be FAR better bet for good service, both in sales and servicing. My chap bends over backwards to help me which is why I have bought 4 Skodas from him and recommended a number of friends.
I have bumped the recommended Dealer listing courtesy of the Yeti Owners Club.
I hope it is of use to some of you.
The Configurator is useful but not all inclusive, I also used the other online resources that Skoda seem to hide quite well, they didn't seem to be able to get all the information in the same place and the same time and in some cases the promotional material contradicted itself on numerous occasions.

If I were to be honest then Skoda have been a little misleading as a vast amount of the UK pre-sales promotional material showed items that we either not standard or in the case of the alloys just not available unless you go outside the Kodiaq's standard 'extra's'. At this time Simpson's are still advertising cars with black triglavs on the images, something that I was told would cost another £1,500 (odd at the are only 1,099 EUR online).
I have dealt with two larger Skoda dealers and one smaller independent (where I ordered mine from), both actually gave very good service so I cannot complain.

The larger dealerships have repaired under warranty anything that has gone wrong with the vRS (mostly front wheel bearings), collected and returned the car from home each time without complaint. It would appear that Skoda UK have preferred dealers, I cannot comment on them as I have never used them but I think we know who we are talking about and they do seem quite complacent.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I agree again. The whole launch of the Kodiaq was a complete dog's breakfast! So many anomalies in the facts, timings up the shoot etc etc. I think the reason was that they were determined to get it out to the public at the motor show and if they missed the boat the next show was about 9 months away (from memory) .
Basically they were trying to run before they could walk. result.....cock-up! (& as we are now seeing, cars with faults that should not be present.)
I still love it though, only because the faults don't affect the way it drives and it really is the best car I have ever owned.
I am only unhappy because of all the aggro, mileage and wasted time & cost I am having to go through to get it fixed. Let's face it if it never gets fixed I won't miss the rubbish bits, 'cos I have never had them on a car before. I have managed for the 54 years I've been driving without them, I could (but don't see why I should, since I paid for them to work) continue to do without them.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Originally I wanted to buy Koleos that was introduced in China motor show last year in April but Renault failed big time last fall because there were no reviews, marketing actions, EU specs, pricing nor launch dates.

Skoda introduced Kodiaq 5 months later and it was constantly providing reviews and info on weekly basis. Skoda made a fake feeling that Kodiaq is just around the corner and as many of us I've bought it.

Unfortunatelly it looks like If I would wait on Koleos, I would get it at the same time as Kodiaq. With any -luck (minus as negative :) ) even earlier.

Although some would admire Skoda's marketing masterpiece, many customers (including me) will definitely not going to be 'over-bended' again. I really hope they will eliminate all those child illnesses otherwise the gravity of failure will pull them down from all those TOP lists whichbare now questionable to me, like all those car reviews.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You can bet your life all the Kodiaqs driven by Journalists and dealers were ABSOLUTELY FAULTLESS! Pity they didn't take as much care for the poor old customers who actually had the faith in Skoda, now severely damaged, to order blind. trusting them to be up to to
Skoda's usual near perfect reputation. Which they are NOT!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts