Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Hopefully I'll receive my car in 4-6 weeks or so. I'm a cash buyer. I see the new finance offer on the Skoda website where they are contributing £2k towards the deposit. Dealer said I could participate. Is there anything stopping me taking out the finance and then paying it straight off, thereby benefitting from an extra £2k in my pocket? Am I missing something like early repayment charges or something?

Thanks
Jimbob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
No, you're not missing anything. Just check the small print regarding early repayment penalty, which is usually £50 or so. You're still financially better off. A friend of mine bought a car on a Friday on PCP deal, and repaid the whole amount the following Tuesday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. Sounds almost too good to be true. Will check the t&cs when I get them. Thanks for your prompt response.

You also get 3 years of breakdown cover chucked in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
The breakdown cover comes regardless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Jvincentuk said:
Wow. Sounds almost too good to be true. Will check the t&cs when I get them. Thanks for your prompt response.

You also get 3 years of breakdown cover chucked in.
Bigger discounts possible .. public sector employees, family and pensioners .. nhs, teachers, police, military etc

Savings more like £3500 ! http://www.motorsourcegroup.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I have saved close to 4K now due to that deal :) really happy and car is currently being built too with an oct delivery date
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
aerodynamic18 said:
I have saved close to 4K now due to that deal :) really happy and car is currently being built too with an oct delivery date
I've just emailed my broker to check if I can get on this as well but I'm assuming I can since my finance hasn't been sorted yet. Happy days!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Just seen Garland motors are also doing the additional £2000 deposit contribution, can you still get this if you've already ordered build week 38 but haven't signed the final PCP agreement?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Schoolrun said:
Just seen Garland motors are also doing the additional £2000 deposit contribution, can you still get this if you've already ordered build week 38 but haven't signed the final PCP agreement?
I'm assuming so but I'm waiting for my broker and Skoda getting back to me on that. Mine is being built this week but I've got no PCP agreement fixed out yet. Would be karma for a 6 month long order!
I'm going to be right pissy if it's not on offer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I ordered it before the new deal and was still allowed to get the new deal as no paperwork has been signed :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
aerodynamic18 said:
I ordered it before the new deal and was still allowed to get the new deal as no paperwork has been signed :)
Told today it's a no go. Still, I've already got the best part of a £3k discount anyway. Cars being built this week and I don't have it in me to cancel and take a deal elsewhere to save what would equate to be another £500 and wait an extra 4 months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Seems like the deal has been extended for orders placed before 31-Dec, but there's some mention that they will now be built to week 45 spec, but the spec sheets have not yet been updated. Wonder what the spec changes are? Velvet red?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
The wording in the pop-up footer on the Kodiaq finance offer (skoda.co.uk) reads: "Please note - Factory orders from 2 October 2017 will reflect Week 45 specification and pricing. Our website and configurator reflects previous specifications (including fuel efficiency and emissions performance) and pricing. Model images shown are for illustrative purposes only and may vary from UK specification. Please speak to your local SKODA retailer for more information."

Once it's disappeared it's really hard to get the wording to reappear!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I saw somewhere that APR increased from 5.6% to 5.8% from today.

stevekhart said:
Please note - Factory orders from 2 October 2017 will reflect Week 45 specification and pricing.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top