Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked mine up this morning........very happy.

I'll post more details once I've put a few more miles on it (and pics once it's been detailed this weekend) but today I've done 200 miles on a work trip mainly motorway) and love it.

Early days, but......

- Average today has been 46 MPG. Okay it's been cruising on the motorway for most of it (though I've deliberately varied the speed / RPM / gears for running in purposes), but for a brand new engine (and the 190PS version) I'm pretty impressed!

- Although I didn't opt for the in-built SIM slot (there was always that anomaly that when I ordered it would have cost £750 for the package.....despite phone box and LTE being standard on Edition)......it has a SIM slot! Clearly they have fixed the configuration issue and presumably anything with the 9.2" Columbus (Edition models) will include a SIM.

- I've purchased a Three SIM (and £20 credit valid till Nov) and with 30 seconds of setup it works perfectly. As posted elsewhere there is a better deal online (Three, 12Gb, valid 12 months, £40) but this was quick and easy.

- ACC is magic....especially with the auto gearbox giving you the full "Traffic Jam Assist" benefit. If you spend a significant amount if time in stop / start or motorway traffic, go for it!

- As I've posted previously, I'm happy with a reasonably firm ride. Very happy with my decision not to go for DCC......but I totally respect this is personal choice and if you want a softer ride you should consider smaller wheels (I'm on 19") or DCC.

Simon
 

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Sounds great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Sprower said:
I picked mine up this morning........very happy.

I'll post more details once I've put a few more miles on it (and pics once it's been detailed this weekend) but today I've done 200 miles on a work trip mainly motorway) and love it.

Early days, but......

- Average today has been 46 MPG. Okay it's been cruising on the motorway for most of it (though I've deliberately varied the speed / RPM / gears for running in purposes), but for a brand new engine (and the 190PS version) I'm pretty impressed!

- Although I didn't opt for the in-built SIM slot (there was always that anomaly that when I ordered it would have cost £750 for the package.....despite phone box and LTE being standard on Edition)......it has a SIM slot! Clearly they have fixed the configuration issue and presumably anything with the 9.2" Columbus (Edition models) will include a SIM.

- I've purchased a Three SIM (and £20 credit valid till Nov) and with 30 seconds of setup it works perfectly. As posted elsewhere there is a better deal online (Three, 12Gb, valid 12 months, £40) but this was quick and easy.

- ACC is magic....especially with the auto gearbox giving you the full "Traffic Jam Assist" benefit. If you spend a significant amount if time in stop / start or motorway traffic, go for it!

- As I've posted previously, I'm happy with a reasonably firm ride. Very happy with my decision not to go for DCC......but I totally respect this is personal choice and if you want a softer ride you should consider smaller wheels (I'm on 19") or DCC.

Simon
Are you sure you have Traffic Jam Assist?

My Lane Assist seems to turn off below 65km/h when ACC is enabled and Adaptive Lane Guidance is turned on - from what I can discover, if Traffic Jam Assist is functional the Lane Assist icon should remain green if ACC is enabled and Adaptive Lane Guidance enabled?

Do you have a separate option anywhere for Traffic Jam Assist in the Infotainment unit?

I'm going to scan my car with VCDS this weekend and see if I can work out the settings for TJA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
andyvee said:
Sprower said:
I picked mine up this morning........very happy.

I'll post more details once I've put a few more miles on it (and pics once it's been detailed this weekend) but today I've done 200 miles on a work trip mainly motorway) and love it.

Early days, but......

- Average today has been 46 MPG. Okay it's been cruising on the motorway for most of it (though I've deliberately varied the speed / RPM / gears for running in purposes), but for a brand new engine (and the 190PS version) I'm pretty impressed!

- Although I didn't opt for the in-built SIM slot (there was always that anomaly that when I ordered it would have cost £750 for the package.....despite phone box and LTE being standard on Edition)......it has a SIM slot! Clearly they have fixed the configuration issue and presumably anything with the 9.2" Columbus (Edition models) will include a SIM.

- I've purchased a Three SIM (and £20 credit valid till Nov) and with 30 seconds of setup it works perfectly. As posted elsewhere there is a better deal online (Three, 12Gb, valid 12 months, £40) but this was quick and easy.

- ACC is magic....especially with the auto gearbox giving you the full "Traffic Jam Assist" benefit. If you spend a significant amount if time in stop / start or motorway traffic, go for it!

- As I've posted previously, I'm happy with a reasonably firm ride. Very happy with my decision not to go for DCC......but I totally respect this is personal choice and if you want a softer ride you should consider smaller wheels (I'm on 19") or DCC.

Simon
Are you sure you have Traffic Jam Assist?

My Lane Assist seems to turn off below 65km/h when ACC is enabled and Adaptive Lane Guidance is turned on - from what I can discover, if Traffic Jam Assist is functional the Lane Assist icon should remain green if ACC is enabled and Adaptive Lane Guidance enabled?

Do you have a separate option anywhere for Traffic Jam Assist in the Infotainment unit?

I'm going to scan my car with VCDS this weekend and see if I can work out the settings for TJA
Yes, I've definitely got TJA. I'm not sure if it will show up in VCDS as a separate option......in the manuals it clearly states that TJA is a combination of ACC and auto-brake....and obviously only works with a DSG gearbox.

There is no suggestion that the Kodiaq offers any kind of full auto-drive / auto-steering. The lane assist is in my view a useful safety function to prevent someone drifting across a lane divider......but it's certainly not a Tesla autonomous drive function.

TJA will absolutely start / stop / slow / accelerate and is great for taking the strain out of driving in heavy traffic, and reduce the risk of rear-end collisions on the M25.....but I still expect to do the steering!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Sprower said:
andyvee said:
Sprower said:
I picked mine up this morning........very happy.

I'll post more details once I've put a few more miles on it (and pics once it's been detailed this weekend) but today I've done 200 miles on a work trip mainly motorway) and love it.

Early days, but......

- Average today has been 46 MPG. Okay it's been cruising on the motorway for most of it (though I've deliberately varied the speed / RPM / gears for running in purposes), but for a brand new engine (and the 190PS version) I'm pretty impressed!

- Although I didn't opt for the in-built SIM slot (there was always that anomaly that when I ordered it would have cost £750 for the package.....despite phone box and LTE being standard on Edition)......it has a SIM slot! Clearly they have fixed the configuration issue and presumably anything with the 9.2" Columbus (Edition models) will include a SIM.

- I've purchased a Three SIM (and £20 credit valid till Nov) and with 30 seconds of setup it works perfectly. As posted elsewhere there is a better deal online (Three, 12Gb, valid 12 months, £40) but this was quick and easy.

- ACC is magic....especially with the auto gearbox giving you the full "Traffic Jam Assist" benefit. If you spend a significant amount if time in stop / start or motorway traffic, go for it!

- As I've posted previously, I'm happy with a reasonably firm ride. Very happy with my decision not to go for DCC......but I totally respect this is personal choice and if you want a softer ride you should consider smaller wheels (I'm on 19") or DCC.

Simon
Are you sure you have Traffic Jam Assist?

My Lane Assist seems to turn off below 65km/h when ACC is enabled and Adaptive Lane Guidance is turned on - from what I can discover, if Traffic Jam Assist is functional the Lane Assist icon should remain green if ACC is enabled and Adaptive Lane Guidance enabled?

Do you have a separate option anywhere for Traffic Jam Assist in the Infotainment unit?

I'm going to scan my car with VCDS this weekend and see if I can work out the settings for TJA
Yes, I've definitely got TJA. I'm not sure if it will show up in VCDS as a separate option......in the manuals it clearly states that TJA is a combination of ACC and auto-brake....and obviously only works with a DSG gearbox.

There is no suggestion that the Kodiaq offers any kind of full auto-drive / auto-steering. The lane assist is in my view a useful safety function to prevent someone drifting across a lane divider......but it's certainly not a Tesla autonomous drive function.

TJA will absolutely start / stop / slow / accelerate and is great for taking the strain out of driving in heavy traffic, and reduce the risk of rear-end collisions on the M25.....but I still expect to do the steering!
TJA keeps LA active below 65km/h - does your LA icon stay green below 65km/h if ACC and ALG are enabled?

What happens with your ACC if the car in front stops for more than three seconds? When it moves off do you start moving off without having to do anything?

If your LA goes orange and you have to manually accelerate or activate RESUME on the ACC then you don't have TJA.

Mine is DSG as well, so should have TJA. It seems to be completely hit or miss as to if TJA gets enabled at the factory.

TJA will definitely show up somewhere with VCDS, believe me I know my way round the MQB platform with VCDS :), it isn't something I have tried to enable before though as the Octavia 3 never had the necessary hardware for TJA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andyvee, my apologies, having re-read the above posts, the separate thread on TJA, and the manual, it's clear that like most others I have only got TJA partially enabled.

Below 65 kph the lane assist lights are orange, not green.

In stop/start motorway traffic it works fine in terms of slowing / stopping / pulling away / accelerating etc. (I did 30 miles in heavy traffic on M25 last week and barely touched the pedals at all) but if I stop for more than 3 seconds I do need to dab the accelerator for it to move again.......I just assumed this was a standard safety feature.

I'll be calling into the dealer and asking them to have a look and fully enable it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
I've posted in the other thread details of the software update my dealer is aware of - no guarantee this is correct as my car doesn't go back to get it until the 29th
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top