Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been looking at new and nearly new Kodiaqs and read an article on Intelligent Speed Assistant (ISA) and the new laws coming in 6 July 2022 and 2024.

I got a quote from one dealer on a new build and it would take 26+ weeks and that this would come with the Intelligent Speed Assistant and another dealer who said there was no official Skoda announcement on it but also said it might be something added to conform to the new law coming in.

Has anyone recently ordered a new Kodiaq with these lead times of post July and had the conversation on ISA and had a definitive answer that it would or would not come with ISA?

For some reading of what it is below

I think for new model lines it is 2022 and new cars is 2024 but given these dates are "must by" I would like to know what the manufacturer is communicating to buyers.

cheers
martin

·
Registered
631 Posts
My understanding is that the July 2022 date is for newly launched models (i.e. ones that have not previously been sold) and the 2024 date is for all other new cars. On that basis, the Kodiaq as a model was launched in 2017, so would not be required by law to include a limiter as of July 2022, but that's not to say that Skoda might decide to do so anyway - as you've been told, there's no official announcement from Skoda on this.

My feeling is that it really won't be that much of a problem and might be delayed anyway. There's a good video from Rory Reid (ex Top Gear, now at Autotrader's YouTube channel) here:
At 5:30 he mentions that in reality you'll be able to turn the systems off anyway (allowed by the regulation), so what's the point? Only slightly annoying that there will be an extra button to push in order to turn it off, but then we drove cars for decades where you had to release a manual handbrake before moving and nowadays that seems so old school as we're all used to just selecting a gear and driving off and the electronics do the job for us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Collected my new Kodiaq L&K 2.0TDI 200 this morning. My dealer confirmed that EU mandated speed limiters will require to be fitted from 6 July 2022 on new models - even the Enyaq doesn't have them. They cannot by law be retrofitted to existing model lines.

22 plate Kodiaq L&K 2.0TDI 200 Graphite Grey
20 plate Kodiaq L&K 2.0TDI 190 Diamond Black
18 plate Kodiaq Edition 2.0TDI 190 Business Grey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts