Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm about to pick up my new Kodiaq but I wanted to ask if anyone has any opinions or indeed info directly from their dealer on the need to run in before towing? In my case the initial tow is 2k or 3k miles of a holiday with a 6 berth caravan.
Ta.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Personally, I would try and fit at least 1000 miles before you tow anything large.
Having said that, I don't tow, so I am just going on my personal thoughts, but if you can fit 1k miles pre-towing its not going to hurt :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't think it would matter. You should be able to tow straightaway.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Savage said:
Personally, I would try and fit at least 1000 miles before you tow anything large.
Having said that, I don't tow, so I am just going on my personal thoughts, but if you can fit 1k miles pre-towing its not going to hurt :)
I agree.....and this advice is also repeated in the handbook.

·
Registered
119 Posts
1500k. First 1000k keep under 75% of available power. I advise after that to drive it hard and forget about fuel economy for a couple of thousand miles and in long run you will get more mpg.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Absolutely.NEVER tow with a new engine specially a big lump like a 6 berth 'van. Small garden rubbish trailer down to the local tip perhaps, but that's all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all,
Appreciate the replies, which are along the lines of what I expected. Just not enough time to get the Kodiaq on the road and run in before the annual trip to France :-(
I'll have to go with the old motor and hope I don't have any issues.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wanted to get around a 1000 miles on mine before I towed but had to take the van to storage. Only around a 3 mile trip though so
hopefully it won't have done any harm. Over 800 miles now and a couple of weeks to the first proper outing so should be well over the 1k mark
by then.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Reagh said:
Hi all,
Appreciate the replies, which are along the lines of what I expected. Just not enough time to get the Kodiaq on the road and run in before the annual trip to France :-(
I'll have to go with the old motor and hope I don't have any issues. I hope so too, but better that than damage the K.
have a good holiday.

Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts