Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body know if you can add speed cameras and alert to the Columbus navigation system

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Yes, somebody has written a thread on this previously.
You can buy the programme on eBay.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Yes, sublist has written a thread on this previously.
It's not a program, just a db3 file that your load into the satnav as points of interest. I have not installed them as I see no need to, it's worth noting that this file is available as a free download if you look for it. Not sure who's selling it on eBay but it sounds like they are making easy money.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jon Edwards said:
Colin Lambert said:
It's not a program, just a db3 file that your load into the satnav as points of interest. I have not installed them as I see no need to, it's worth noting that this file is available as a free download if you look for it. Not sure who's selling it on eBay but it sounds like they are making easy money.
Do you know what navigation system it uses tomtom, navman, garmin, alk copilot

·
Registered
945 Posts
steve1k said:
Jon Edwards said:
Colin Lambert said:
Do you know what navigation system it uses tomtom, navman, garmin, alk copilot
I believe Garmin and Navman use .cvs and TomTom uses .ov2 formats. VAG Group and many in-built systems use .db3.

I only use the inbuilt systems now as I find them as good or better than TomTom's. Had one once and it was horrendous to use, unreliable and their customer service was appalling. If in a car without Sat-Nav I use Navmii as it downloads the files to the phone so you are not using phone data.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts