Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Pardon my ignorance, but I keep seeing references to MY17 & MY18, but what exactly do these mean? I get the impression they are build variants based on manufacture year, but I'm not entirely certain. What are the actual differences between the two? Given the launch of the Scout model, does this mean that Skoda will have tweaked things again?

I'm build week 42, next week, so I'm just interested to know what I'm actually going to get! :?

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome.

I believe there are a couple of subtle differences between them.
One that we have discovered on this forum is the lack of alarm button (MY18) on the B pillar to de-activate the motion sensor. This is now more inconveniently done through the Infotainment system. Talking of Infotainment the Columbus head unit has had a slight facelift with a slightly bigger screen? and removal of the twiddly volume button. Now has hand gestures too.

I'm sure others will highlight any other differences.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Aircare is added to MY2018, too.

On the 22nd week of each year, the next year model starts to be manufactured. Model year 2018 production has started on 29th May 2017.

·
Registered
181 Posts
BearNecessity said:
One that we have discovered on this forum is the lack of alarm button (MY18) on the B pillar to de-activate the motion sensor. This is now more inconveniently done through the Infotainment system.
Although, it has since been discovered that double clicking the lock button on the remote key fob has the same effect of de-activating interior monitoring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,

Is the hand gesture a standard feature now in the edition build and what's aircare ?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
From the V-Dub web site.
One assumes it is the same for Skoda.

What is Air Care Climatronic?

Two technologies converge in the latest generation air conditioning system. First, a Climatronic with 3-zone temperature control. On the left, right and in the back, occupants can create different climate zones. The exact desired temperature is set using separate temperature controllers. Second, the Air Care function with an anti-allergen filter.
What does Air Care do exactly?

When this function is activated in recirculation mode, the air in the passenger compartment is passed through a filter multiple times - naturally with the addition of some fresh air. This further improves air quality in the passenger compartment.
Further improves?

Even when Air Care is not activated, the air in vehicles such as the new Tiguan is purified because the air flow from the blower is led through the interior air filter before reaching the passenger compartment. With Air Care, the air goes through the anti-allergen filter more frequently. The result is that the air is more effectively purified - for example, by removing fine particulates.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Hand gestures are standard for Columbus units (without knobs)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
From the V-Dub web site.
One assumes it is the same for Skoda.

What is Air Care Climatronic?

Two technologies converge in the latest generation air conditioning system. First, a Climatronic with 3-zone temperature control. On the left, right and in the back, occupants can create different climate zones. The exact desired temperature is set using separate temperature controllers. Second, the Air Care function with an anti-allergen filter.
What does Air Care do exactly?

When this function is activated in recirculation mode, the air in the passenger compartment is passed through a filter multiple times - naturally with the addition of some fresh air. This further improves air quality in the passenger compartment.
Further improves?

Even when Air Care is not activated, the air in vehicles such as the new Tiguan is purified because the air flow from the blower is led through the interior air filter before reaching the passenger compartment. With Air Care, the air goes through the anti-allergen filter more frequently. The result is that the air is more effectively purified - for example, by removing fine particulates.
Presumably the anti-allergen filter is another thing to clean (and hence pay for) at each service along with the pollen filter, or is it one in the same?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Haven't a clue I'm afraid. Mine is far too old to have such things. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts