Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
Today, strange white fog appear on my multimedia system screen. It is only visible when I go to vehicle status menu while ignition is on. Can anybody assist me what is the problem and how can I solve this issue ?

First picture ignition is on and over headlight you can see the white fog.
Second picture ignition is off and all looks normal.

Thank you.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
441 Posts
Is it meant to be a picture of the engine, inside the bonnet, like a ghost image of the engine? The message is telling you (as I'm sure you're fully aware!) that you have 17 days left until oil service and periodic maintenance. Maybe once the service is done and the service indicator is reset it will go away?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here we go again, yet another strange first poster. I'm not sure of the language that Columbus has been set to ( Turkish perhaps? ) but sure ain't Chinese from where the OP says they're from.

Does anyone know the Turkish or Chinese translation for 'pi55 off looser' ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it meant to be a picture of the engine, inside the bonnet, like a ghost image of the engine? The message is telling you (as I'm sure you're fully aware!) that you have 17 days left until oil service and periodic maintenance. Maybe once the service is done and the service indicator is reset it will go away?
Thank you for your respond.

I bought the car in 04.2020. Since than I made around 6000km. In reality I have 9000km or 4 more months to first periodic service. As I learn, they did not set the car periodic service according to purchase date.

Anyway, today I talked with the dealer, this might a software error which they can solve with the update.

But I really wonder is there anybody who had similar error.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here we go again, yet another strange first poster. I'm not sure of the language that Columbus has been set to ( Turkish perhaps? ) but sure ain't Chinese from where the OP says they're from.

Does anyone know the Turkish or Chinese translation for 'pi55 off looser' ?
I believe this is special way of welcoming for new users.
Anyway, its written there on the screen "17 days to go for periodic service" but if it was important I could mention it.
However, its not related what is written there i just wonder why that white fog appear on the picture.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Here's what it shows on page 52 of the English version of the owner's manual:

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Font Terrestrial plant Circle Screenshot Number

Not 100% sure, but as I previously mentioned, I reckon that white 'fog' that you refer to is actually a representation of the engine. The fact it's there is probably just related to the fact that the message saying you are shortly due a service, hence it's in white as there isn't actually a fault. If there were a fault, the manual implies it would be in orange and if it were dangerous, then in red.

I would still hazard that if you get the service done (or otherwise manage to reset the service due indicator) then it would disappear. Again, not 100% sure as it may always be there if the ignition is on but I've never looked at it before.

Have you tried tapping on the white fog area (or other areas on the screen)? It might change the message displayed?

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe this is special way of welcoming for new users.
Anyway, its written there on the screen "17 days to go for periodic service" but if it was important I could mention it.
However, its not related what is written there i just wonder why that white fog appear on the picture.
Please accept my full apologies. I now see that's not a Chinese flag - it's Turkish?

For what it's worth, I've never seen anything like that b4.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's what it shows on page 52 of the English version of the owner's manual:

View attachment 2777
View attachment 2778

Not 100% sure, but as I previously mentioned, I reckon that white 'fog' that you refer to is actually a representation of the engine. The fact it's there is probably just related to the fact that the message saying you are shortly due a service, hence it's in white as there isn't actually a fault. If there were a fault, the manual implies it would be in orange and if it were dangerous, then in red.

I would still hazard that if you get the service done (or otherwise manage to reset the service due indicator) then it would disappear. Again, not 100% sure as it may always be there if the ignition is on but I've never looked at it before.

Have you tried tapping on the white fog area (or other areas on the screen)? It might change the message displayed?

Hope that helps!
Definitely it makes sense.
Due service, white fog appears.
Probably, it will turn to yellow if its mid serious condition and red if its serious.
I will mention to the dealer and service about it.
I feel better now.
Thank you very much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts