Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tools required : Dremel, 10mm spanner/socket, Torx Wrench/Bit, Pin Vice.

First of ... cutting a part of the plastic trim away (I really fail to see why Skoda could not have made the part the right shape in the first place, or moulded the mudflaps to suit).

Then we remove the 2 torx screws in the wheel arch liner.

Offer up the mudflap, making sure to push the tabs over the rail on the underside:

Then we can replace the screws with the ones provided and tighten these up:

Now the next part requires drilling a hole. The instructions say to use the push fit buttons included, but I used one of the torx screws I removed from the liner trim:

And use the screw (or button if you prefer) and tighten:

Then you can use the clamp provided to fix the flaps to the rail (a bit overkill I thought, already the flap is solid and not going anywere):

The rears are just a case of removing 4 torx screws from the liner, offering up mudflap and fixing with replacement torx screws.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Thanks for the guide. Can you post a picture of the whole car?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Are they original Kodiaq parts?
They look a different colour!
or is it just the lighting?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes genuine Skoda parts. Its probably the lighting, when I took that picture with my phone the sun was glaring across so I had to tweak it in paint.
Also the car plastics have been "dressed" by the dealer (and I haven't cleaned it off and done it properly yet), the mud flaps haven't.
The idea was to help others come fitting, not show off my lack of camera/paint skills :p :lol:
To the naked eye it looks the same.

I'll get a better finished pic up sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I await the finished article #Savage. My question wasn't meant as a criticism. Just wanted to know because I will be having some fitted when mine arrives, later this year. I like you fitting skills and am sure that those who will be fitting their own will appreciate your efforts to show them how to do it with the wheels still in situ. I await to see the finished article when you upload a picture tomorrow!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok 2nd attempt, forgive me guys !
It does seem my phone picks up nuances in black the eyes don't.
No not a dentist Petrolhead :lol:
And Photobucket is a right pain, I need to find a good free hot linkable pic site to replace it !

Not sure if these help any, seems they keep hiding from my attempts to get a picture of the whole car, I suppose against the black plastic lowers thats to be expected but:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Great photos. Looks awesome. Loving those wheels.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I will definitely be getting them fitted. Spoke to my dealership earlier today. He said they were about £104 of top of his (I think they retail at £51 for each set from what I have seen) head. When asked about fitting he said they would probably do it as part of the Pdi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fitted mine a couple of weeks ago, no problems and no special tools required. Instructions are provided for the front set but the rears are easy.

Start with the rears as they need no cutting, just change a few screws each side (T27 torx from memory).

For the fronts I used a fresh Stanley knife and standard cordless drill (7mm). Turn the wheels on full lock and you should have enough room to drill the required extra hole.

Rears take 10min each side and fronts about 15mins per side.

P.s. Buy from superskoda for €18 per pair not UK dealer for £51!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't update the O.P that will have to be done by a mod.
But I can repost here ;)

Tools required : Dremel, 10mm spanner/socket, Torx Wrench/Bit, Pin Vice.

First of ... cutting a part of the plastic trim away (I really fail to see why Skoda could not have made the part the right shape in the first place, or moulded the mudflaps to suit).

Then we remove the 2 torx screws in the wheel arch liner.

Offer up the mudflap, making sure to push the tabs over the rail on the underside:

Then we can replace the screws with the ones provided and tighten these up:

Now the next part requires drilling a hole. The instructions say to use the push fit buttons included, but I used one of the torx screws I removed from the liner trim:

And use the screw (or button if you prefer) and tighten:

Then you can use the clamp provided to fix the flaps to the rail (a bit overkill I thought, already the flap is solid and not going anywere):

The rears are just a case of removing 4 torx screws from the liner, offering up mudflap and fixing with replacement torx screws.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi just bought flaps f and r for the Kodiaq . Rear fitted easilly.
Can you explain the geography in your first photo on fitting front flaps and cutting away please?
Is your picture from underneath the car, inside the wheel arch, off or nearside?
The instruction book accompanying the flaps isn't too clear either.
Sorry to be a pain i.t.a.
Goose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for info on photo.
Job done. No problems encountered. As they say, "Robert is your Father's brother..."
Found it easier to offer up flap to mark area for cut out, rather than use measurements supplied in the instructions.
Thanks again,
Goose.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts