Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ayup guys,

I'm a motability customr and currently have a Ford S Max, before that I had the Toyota Verso. I'm due to upgrade in January and finally the Skoda Kodiaq and Karoq will be joining the scheme.

I'm unable to take it for a test drive due to my disability and need major adaptations (need a wheelchair hoist, powered tailgate, automatic driver seat, hand controls for brake and accelerator and steering controls before I can drive) so would appreciate your input as to the model to get.

I have the following options and the highest trim available to Motability customers on the Koiaq is the SE L which I will be looking at:

1.4 TSI 150BHP;
1.4 TSI 150 BHP (4WD),;
2.0 TSI 180BHP (4WD); and
2.0 TDI 150 BHP.

It will cost me £3700 for the advance payment, plus £560 to get the automatic driver seat option. Motability lease is three years so at the end of the three years I would have paid £13,308 (Motability take £58 p/w).

Appreciate the help guys.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What kind of mileage do you do? If regular long trips, and about 18,000 miles a year or more, diesel will be fine, and give you greater fuel economy.
If not, don't go diesel (short trips mean cold exhaust system and sooting up of the dpf).

Do you NEED 4 wheel drive? If not, 2wd is cheaper at purchase, and cheaper to run.

The 1.4 gives surprisingly good performance (it feels much like a non-turbo 2 litre). Only you can decide whether you need the extra oomph of the 2.0. The dealer (driving) can demo the performance for you.

Hope that helps. Others will no doubt add their thoughts.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I would agree completely with DaveM.
My 1.4 DSG has more than adequate performance for my needs (&most others I would think)- unless towing, which I assume you won't be doing.
Good luck whichever you choose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DaveM said:
What kind of mileage do you do? If regular long trips, and about 18,000 miles a year or more, diesel will be fine, and give you greater fuel economy.
If not, don't go diesel (short trips mean cold exhaust system and sooting up of the dpf).

Do you NEED 4 wheel drive? If not, 2wd is cheaper at purchase, and cheaper to run.

The 1.4 gives surprisingly good performance (it feels much like a non-turbo 2 litre). Only you can decide whether you need the extra oomph of the 2.0. The dealer (driving) can demo the performance for you.

Hope that helps. Others will no doubt add their thoughts.
Hi Dave and Collin,

The price difference between the 1.4 and 2.0 is only £250, hence not sure about which engine. Don't need the 4WD option but the price is the same for 2WD in the 2.0 models and costs an extra £400 for the 1.4 version. I do around 15,000 miles per year on average, say 40% local and 60% long trips. I won't be buying the car at the end of the three years and just get a new one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a Motability customer myself, though fortunately I can drive a normal auto.

I've just test driven and ordered a 1.4 150 TSI SE-L DSG 4x4

It a great car and I was completely amazed by the way the 1.4 moves the Kodiaq. I considered other options but with the limited miles I do, this one makes sense, especially with all the short local trips we make.

Personally I don't think you can go far wrong with this version on the scheme, and I wouldn't bother with the TDI or the extra unless you do significant motorway driving, or drive very heavily loaded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts