Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car arrived at Grimsby on 20th April, so I have been getting excited at getting my hands on it for a few Weeks.

My contact at Skoda UK has been fantastic dealing with my issues on regards the the VED increase on the PCH monthly cost.

She rand me today to confirm that the car was on a transporter heading to Simpsons in Preston, and promised a further call tomorrow to confirm it had arrived.

So I promptly contacted Simpsons to see when I could collect the car (its actually easier for me to take time of work and collect Monday to Friday, rather than rearrange a Dad:s taxi duties over the weekend).

Imagine my frustration when Simpsons advise that collection will not be possible until next week, saying that they still had to send the finance docs to me, receive them back and then get the approved by VFS... FFS the car has been ordered some 19th Jan, surely they could have done the paperwork in parallel...

Really not impressed with the time to take possession of the car once the build was complete. My last car was a Mazda 6, which tool 10 days from order to get it shipped from Belgium, PDI"d, all the finance sorted etc...

Rant over......

·
Registered
503 Posts
Surely you can rock up, sign the paperwork on collection day and go ? or a t least pop in and sign a couple of days before handover.
They should have "pre-approved" all the finance when you ordered.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Savage said:
Surely you can rock up, sign the paperwork on collection day and go ? or a t least pop in and sign a couple of days before handover.
They should have "pre-approved" all the finance when you ordered.
I was approved when I ordered so think the finance is just an excuse, it's about 1:45 to travel there, so not really easy to pop over..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm having similar issues, received the finance docs last Wednesday.

Queried why the deposit had jumped £400 and they went back to VWFS, haven't heard anything since...jokers.

Funnily enough, they were asking me 3 weeks ago if I could take delivery w/c April 20th...

Ordered mine on Jan 20th, going away next week on holiday to Cornwall so they can wait until I'm back

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like a piss take. They definitely approve finance at pout of order. My credit file shows the search by VW finance and shows it as an account. At least your car in U.K. Mine been at Emden for 2 weeks now😟

1 - 5 of 5 Posts