Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was visiting the czech configurator and there was a following message (Google translate):

'Dear customer, currently being updated data configurator for the new model year 2018. Launch configurator with current data is scheduled on the 17th calendar week. Thank you for your understanding.'

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,

The only difference/changes I know about from the 2017 to 2018 model is the 9,2 inch Columbus screen and the possibility to start the diesel heater from the Skoda app.

Does anyone know of any other updates/changes from the model 2017? Any faults fixed etc?

JoHn

·
Registered
421 Posts
magmyra said:
Hi,

The only difference/changes I know about from the 2017 to 2018 model is the 9,2 inch Columbus screen and the possibility to start the diesel heater from the Skoda app.

Does anyone know of any other updates/changes from the model 2017? Any faults fixed etc?

JoHn
Keyless entry system got a software update for security reasons.

Can't remember what it's called but there was a change to the Aircon system I think.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Right @Hugh, it is called AIR CARE and it can be clearly seen in the car:

http://img.aaaauto.eu/thumb/900113350_19_card.jpg

Also some "unofficial" changes, not really published by Skoda but noticed by users:

- Lock, Unlock:
Holding for longer time UNLOC on remote control opens all windows and also Panoramic roof.
Holding fro longer time the LOCK button closes all mentioned windows and roof. I am not sure but I read taht in MY2017 it was not so.

- Current Gear Mode Displayed and saved in MAXI DOT
Several MY2017 users commented that if they stop car witg DSG in Eco mode, then it remains in that mode at the next start.
This is no longer the case in MY2018, now it always swithes to Normal( letter D) mode at next start

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Several MY2017 users commented that if they stop car witg DSG in Eco mode, then it remains in that mode at the next start.
This is no longer the case in MY2018, now it always swithes to Normal( letter D) mode at next start/color]
<COLOR color="#000000">How very annoying (if you want E). Personally I have found I do better in D as it goes into 2cylinder mode much more frequently and stays in it longer which is more economical. So I have given up using E.</COLOR>

·
Registered
289 Posts
lecko said:
- Lock, Unlock:
Holding for longer time UNLOC on remote control opens all windows and also Panoramic roof.
Holding fro longer time the LOCK button closes all mentioned windows and roof. I am not sure but I read taht in MY2017 it was not so.
Not true. My MY2017 does this but I am not sure on pano roof as I do not have one.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have pano roof.
Long hold (lock/unlock) will close/open all windows but 'Simply stupidly' does NOT control the roof at all.
According to SUK Customer services this was cancelled on ALL Kodiaq models (rubbish!) as an 'elf an' safety measure as some numpty got caught when it was closing. This is quite plainly absolute bo**ox. Anybody who is so doddery and slow that they could not remove whatever piece of their anatomy was protruding through the open roof as it was closing would probably not be able to drive! :lol:
SUK CS have been known, when they do not know the answer or can't be bothered to find out the REAL answer, to make it up as they go along. The pano roof excuse is one such case in point. WHY they stopped it on the MY17 I don't know. I had it on my MY14 Yeti SE L.
I have to make damn sure I shut it if there is ANY risk of rain as I have Alcantara seats! :?

·
Registered
56 Posts
lecko said:
Well I have PAno roof and MY2018 and for sure it opens just a little (or rather just tilts) when long holding unlok.
When holding lock for longer time Pano roof will also close.
Will it close even if it's in the fully open position? Or only when tilted? ...I would assume it always closes it, but because of precious disc we really can't be sure can we :)

JoHn

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, checked it again yesterday. Pano roof was open full. I pressed button LOCK on remote for longer time and the roof closed completely.

I read somewhere that it also closes in case of rain because of rain sensor. I would rather not test this on real rain with beige alcantara :D

·
Registered
617 Posts
lecko said:
I read somewhere that it also closes in case of rain because of rain sensor. I would rather not test this on real rain with beige alcantara :D
No it doesn't. It has been deactivated for safety reasons. I believe you can activate it via VCDS.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You later owners are lucky then. On MY17 the pan roof is completely NON ACTIVE by using the keyfob or rain sensor. It has to be operated by the internal switch ONLY.
The safety excuse given to early adopters by SUK C.S. is total [email protected]!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I just had a look through the newish UK pricing and spec brochure (from July 17) and it reckons the SE L comes with DVD player. The configurator doesn't agree. Anyone rocking a recent SE L able to shed any light?

·
Registered
617 Posts
My SE L has DVD player I think. I believe all Columbus systems have a DVD player.

·
Registered
194 Posts
bigboss said:
My SE L has DVD player I think. I believe all Columbus systems have a DVD player.
Yes......DVD player works well e.g. If you're stuck waiting in the car while the better half is shopping 😂

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Hugh. Mine is MY17 and has a DVD player, so I doubt they would have downgraded it, but then you can never tell with Skoda! :lol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you really need a dvd to play movies?

In Sweden you pay 1300 euros more for the Columbus system(700 for Amundsen)...so I bought an iPad Pro instead, and iPad minis for the kids in the back row...same price :)

Is it possible to send/stream/use phone to watch movies on the skoda-screen instead?

JoHn

·
Registered
194 Posts
magmyra said:
Do you really need a dvd to play movies?

In Sweden you pay 1300 euros more for the Columbus system(700 for Amundsen)...so I bought an iPad Pro instead, and iPad minis for the kids in the back row...same price :)

Is it possible to send/stream/use phone to watch movies on the skoda-screen instead?

JoHn
Magmyra,

You're right.....I wouldn't pay any extra for a DVD player, and to be honest I doubt I'll ever use it. But I went for the Edition for the various other extras including the 9.2" screen....the DVD is just a bonus.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts