Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just past the dealers and they where literally driving my K off the transporter.

Got a few pics as below.

But as you can see there is a dent in the bonnet.
Dealer obviously says he's getting it fixed, and has dent man coming on wed, but says if it's not perfect they wil order a new bonnet. But that could take a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's very annoying, but it's not unusual. Had you not been there you would probably never have knew anything about it should the repair be successful. There's a huge amount of cars arrive with paint damage and the like that get repaired before the owner would ever know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had this happen on two different cars over the years, very annoying! I see some compensation coming maybe? (Services/fuel?) Don't be shy, you've spent a lot of money for the feel good factor of your new car delivery.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I also have had this happen on my first Yeti, in that case a scratched wing.
You can't blame the dealer if it came off the transporter in that condition & I doubt having put right at Skoda's expense they will entertain any compo it obviously was an accident and having it sorted with possibly a letter of apology from SUK is all you can hope for.
Glad to see three is another pan roof in the gang!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I do t think the dealer would ever have told me, he near freaked when he seen me looking at it, and ran across the yard.

I wasn't even going to go near them as I know they will fix it.

He is still telling me that here is no issue with getting an aftermarket tow bar.

I may push for a service or something though

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Colin Lambert said:
I also have had this happen on my first Yeti, in that case a scratched wing.
You can't blame the dealer if it came off the transporter in that condition & I doubt having put right at Skoda's expense they will entertain any compo it obviously was an accident and having it sorted with possibly a letter of apology from SUK is all you can hope for.
Glad to see three is another pan roof in the gang!
Totally agree Colin.

Yeah that pan roof was the def add on, never an option always going to be added

·
Registered
503 Posts
That sucks :(
Just be fully aware of what rights you have, and make your decision (if to reject or accept repair etc) based on what makes YOU comfortable.

Other than the Dent, Your K looks lovely in that colour :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Might be worth giving Skoda uk a call. Especially if you're new to Skoda and the brand telling them this is not good first impression - remember they want you to buy more Skodas afterwards! They can call the dealer as well and may be more persuasive.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't want anything from the dealer, they are great, I do think Skoda themselves should be the ones to fork out for stuff

·
Registered
21 Posts
When it happened to me i was actually working for the company, although a different franchise in my town (13 years in the motor trade at the time). I wouldn't have known unless colleagues had informed me and they would have repaired it with filler then painted. I insisted on a new rear hatch as it should have.
I know it's not the dealer's fault but Skoda UK hire the transport company and have insurance for said circumstances.
They need to make your handover extra special now!
Loving the colour by the way, making me think my choice of Quartz was a bit too safe now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do you mean an extra special handover ?

Yeah I'm happy with he colour, was very worried about it turning out too gold, but it looks like silver with a sunset reflecting off it.

I had originally chosen petrol blue, and have been concerned about picking cappuccino ever since, as this is the first I e seen one in that colour.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Def not not accepting filler and spray, but am happy to get it fixed,

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it was coming straight from the port, why did the car not have its protective wrap on it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dealer pulled it off when he seen the dent

·
Registered
21 Posts
Extra special as in a lovely big voucher in the glovebox for a certain amount or whatever you want from the accessories catalogue perhaps?

·
Registered
221 Posts
BigfootW said:
How do you mean an extra special handover ?

Yeah I'm happy with he colour, was very worried about it turning out too gold, but it looks like silver with a sunset reflecting off it.

I had originally chosen petrol blue, and have been concerned about picking cappuccino ever since, as this is the first I e seen one in that colour.
Ask them for an extension of the warranty - they sell these so they could give you one as compensation I guess?

·
Registered
617 Posts
BigfootW said:
He is still telling me that here is no issue with getting an aftermarket tow bar.
Ask him to give that in writing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts