Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

So my Audi A6 had a MaxiDot screen in the driver dash very similar to the Kodiaq.

If I select Music from the steering wheel option it displays the currently playing track. My A6 did this, but then using the steering wheel you could scroll through the tracks for the current album (in the maxidot) and click the jog wheel on the steering wheel to select (and therefore keeping your eyes relatively level with the road). This doesnt seem to work on the Kodiaq!

The Kodiaq only displays the currently playing track. I think you can move the jog wheel on the steering wheel and it will move to the next track but in order to view the list you need to look at the centre infotainment console. Very distracting. It doesnt show a list of tracks in the MaxiDot like my 2007 A6.

Anyone else had any better luck?

PS - My Canton seems rubbish. My wifes standard Focus this morning had better base in the front speakers :S (and with Canton, they have disabled standard Base/Trebble configuration in place of pre configured profiles and a subwoofer -/+). I would prefer standard base/trebble options for all speakers.

James.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think you can still get to bass and treble settings - in the Canton bit of the menu press the drop down menu at the top and select something like "Individual" (can't remember exactly what it is). You then get Treble Mid and Bass sliders...

·
Registered
132 Posts
darkKnight54 said:
Hi All.

So my Audi A6 had a MaxiDot screen in the driver dash very similar to the Kodiaq.

If I select Music from the steering wheel option it displays the currently playing track. My A6 did this, but then using the steering wheel you could scroll through the tracks for the current album (in the maxidot) and click the jog wheel on the steering wheel to select (and therefore keeping your eyes relatively level with the road). This doesnt seem to work on the Kodiaq!

The Kodiaq only displays the currently playing track. I think you can move the jog wheel on the steering wheel and it will move to the next track but in order to view the list you need to look at the centre infotainment console. Very distracting. It doesnt show a list of tracks in the MaxiDot like my 2007 A6.

Anyone else had any better luck?

PS - My Canton seems rubbish. My wifes standard Focus this morning had better base in the front speakers :S (and with Canton, they have disabled standard Base/Trebble configuration in place of pre configured profiles and a subwoofer -/+). I would prefer standard base/trebble options for all speakers.

James.
Hey James when it comes to music its mostly to do with the source. Are you playing DVD's, CD, SACD's, DAB, FM, and so on. If you believe the marketing palaver. Canton spent a bit of time to get the system right. I think you will find that the phrase "seems rubbish" may be a tad too extreme. Have a tinker and play some well recorded and engineered sound you might just be surprised. Your wife standard Focus is better?? Spare me!

·
Registered
503 Posts
daveskis said:
Canton spent a bit of time to get the system right.
Well, TBH canton was always an option I wanted, and luckily it was free for me as an early adopter.
If I had paid for it, then I would have been disappointed. Not really any noticeable difference over the standard system I had in the Octavia, certainly not worth the extra if you had to pay IMO.
Sub is very woolly and ineffective (unless mine is faulty) and I had bass/mid and the treble on the standard in the O3, would have at least expected a 6+ channel equalizer to fine tune. Yes I know graphic equalizers are frowned apon in the audiophile world, but IMO in a car it helps.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Guys Can I say the audio system in my loan car.......A Scout, Octavia variety, has a Canton upgrade. I played track 11 Diana Krall from the CD "Love Scenes", a track played by Audiophiles for the scintillating crisp tones and deep bass. The car couldn't handle the Canton System. The highs were sharp, midrange......Diana's voice perfect and the bass. Well this where the car needs some serious sound treatment to stop the various bits and bobs vibrating within the dash and surrounds.
Since there seems to be a little interest in the sound system I will look forward to reviewing it when I get mine to keep in about one week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts