Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an update from the dealership and been given build week 30 (23.07.18)!!!

I'm hoping it changes in the coming weeks as I have seen others who ordered around a similar time (mid January) with much sooner build weeks. Any hope people?

It's looking like baby #3 may be delivered before the Kodiaq! 馃檮

It was suggested that there has been a shortage of the 1.4 engines. Anyone any the wiser?

Calla

Registered
Where abouts are you?

We ordered (in the UK) late jan and subject to confirmation (build status 20) expect build next week and arrival late March/early April.

I also read references to 1.4 engine shortages but no mention of this by dealer.

Dealer is part of a fairly large chain so maybe they get allocated slots?

Registered
Nod said:
Where abouts are you?

We ordered (in the UK) late jan and subject to confirmation (build status 20) expect build next week and arrival late March/early April.

I also read references to 1.4 engine shortages but no mention of this by dealer.

wow that was quick

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nod said:
Where abouts are you?

I'm in Manchester but the car is via carwow from Rochdale Skoda (RRG so another large group). Just hoping that it is a provisional date and there is room for change.

Registered
aimlisted said:
Nod said:
Where abouts are you?

wow that was quick
I will believe it when the car is confirmed as built!

Registered
Ordered mine in early January. Dealer said it will be around march/April, then yesterday said May...but probably April lol

Registered
Shocks said:
Ordered mine in early January. Dealer said it will be around march/April, then yesterday said May...but probably April lol
:lol: thats helpful

Registered
Just been to my local dealer and they quoted 4 months...and looking likely to get longer. As a matter of interest the Karoq is on 6 month delivery due to "3 times the interest".

Registered
Just ur of interest is this a skoda thing? My last 3 cars were brand new (Vauxhall and ford) and were a month / month and a half max...

Registered
Shocks said:
Just ur of interest is this a skoda thing? My last 3 cars were brand new (Vauxhall and ford) and were a month / month and a half max...
I wouldn't wait 2 weeks for a Ford or Poxall.

Registered
Just ordered and was originally quoted 20wks. With the actual order going on system it's BW17 (w/c 23/04/18) - so a little earlier than expected but not much.

We'll see how it pans out. But it is a long wait! Sadly nothing matched closed to the spec.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it looks like you guys who said it would be moved forward were right!

Update from the dealer yesterday and the build week has moved from 30 to 14 so a big difference....

Looking at late April, early may delivery now. Making me twitchy about colour choice now though as I saw a white one the other day in Manchester and it looked great. I'm not a big car washer though....

Registered
Calla said:
Well it looks like you guys who said it would be moved forward were right!

Update from the dealer yesterday and the build week has moved from 30 to 14 so a big difference....

Looking at late April, early may delivery now. Making me twitchy about colour choice now though as I saw a white one the other day in Manchester and it looked great. I'm not a big car washer though....
That's a super movement! Exciting times. :D

Registered
Grats! Mine is going up...I mean just because I wanted a spoiler shouldn't make it a long build period, surely?

Registered
I'm about to order, and had been hoping to also get the current 拢1000 free fuel offer. However, the T&C say that to qualify, the car needs to be handed over by 30/6/18 - so only 17 or 18 weeks from now....!

Registered
Zarjaz said:
I'm about to order, and had been hoping to also get the current 拢1000 free fuel offer. However, the T&C say that to qualify, the car needs to be handed over by 30/6/18 - so only 17 or 18 weeks from now....!
Not my problem, that's their problem. If I don't get mine by that date they'll have to give me it some other way.

Registered
I didn't realise it, looks like I'll need to give my dealership a call.

Any t&c's which track their performance (e.g. Something totally out of our hands) is dubious to me. Like playing Russian Roulette, a fool would sign up to that IMO - it may turn out that I am such a fool...

Registered

Registered
I qualify because my dealer said he would give me one. Made no mention of that "deal" and no caveats, same goes for the breakdown assistance, free servicing, 拢2k off etc. It may be in the small print somewhere, of which I have left a message. I guess I am a good 1 month under the end of deal date, but, still miffed I was totally unaware of any stipulations.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts