Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. This is my first post. I am very excited that on Friday 2nd March I will be taking delivery of my Black Magic Pearl Effect, 2.0 SE Diesel 4X4, 5 seater Kodiaq in manual which I ordered on 27th December 2017. I am having the folding towbar. Does anyone have experience of towing a touring caravan with a Kodiaq. For years we had a tourer and I am considering buying one. Given the size and weight of the Kodiaq, the recommended max towing weights seem a little low and overcautious to me. I am interested to hear of anyone's experience. SteveB.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course I would not do that. Maybe I have not expressed myself well. I understand the formula. The car to caravan matching websites seem overcautious about what the Kodiaq will tow well and safely. I was asking about people's real life towing experiences.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pics please, not many pics of the black pearl😁

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Steve
I have a edition model with 7 seats and 190 bog diesel engine I bought it last September and towed down to Devon and back with no problems at all The kerbside weight is aproximately 1500 kilos with the extras including tow bar the only thing I would change is the folding tow bar unless you are prepared to grease it every time you retract it gets covered in muck even a cover does not stop it as
It retracts upside down I have tried all sorts but resort to leaving it out for the summer and will grease it in the winter and somehow cover it
Enjoy your careening
Regards legacy 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts