Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys after 5 days of ownership i have an issue i hope is easy to sort. We have the SE-l which has keyless entry start etc. When i grab hold of the handle it always unlocks so thats great. Again always starts when i press the button on. The issue i have it that it doesn't always lock when i have closed the doors and press the handle again. Is there a special technique? The doors are all closed and when i use the key fob it locks fine. Im sure it worked easier at the start of the week but now not so much. Any tips would be great :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
For locking don't grab the handle, touch the wee oblong window at the front of the handle.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Aerodynamic,
You have fallen into the trap that most of us have.
Stephen L is quite correct.
If you put your fingers inside the handle to unlock it and your thumb (assuming right handed) anywhere near the little oblong the locking mechanism
has a fit and if you listen carefully, you may hear it screaming, "What the hell do want? Lock it or unlock it. Make up your mind!" :lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I tried it as per the video and I think that what I was doing wrong was that i pressed the button and then opened the door and that must have confused it. I have a Mazda company car and it's keyless works differently to the skoda. Thanks guys

·
Registered
724 Posts
Imagine Renault's keyless entry where you just move away and the car locks automatically. Thanks god I have Skoda Connect so i can see when I leave my bear unlocked. Fortunately I can lock from my bedroom's window :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea the Mazda is like that when you walk away it auto locks but at least it beeps at you, but you have press the button on the handle to unlock it. The good thing with the Kodiaq is at least when it locked the mirrors are folded so a good visual reminder that its locked

·
Registered
724 Posts
Like my wife's Renault Captur. My ex-Grand Scenic opened the same way as Kodiaq does - with a sensor. But Scenic had sensors on rear doors, too. I miss that :(

·
Registered
617 Posts
romanv said:
Like my wife's Renault Captur. My ex-Grand Scenic opened the same way as Kodiaq does - with a sensor. But Scenic had sensors on rear doors, too. I miss that :(
I grab the front door handle for a second to unlock then open the rear door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts