Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else find that they can accidently change the light switch setting when climbing in and out of the car? A few times I've returned to the car to see that I have accidently left the lights on because of this issue; I normally have it set to Auto?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Absolutely!
I'm always doing it.
I'm 6'2".
Bluddy stupid place to put a light switch.
I tend to turn them on on when getting in & off when I get out.
I also have the switch in auto all the time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry gents, I am 6ft 2 .
Its never happened to me , but have only had my Bear just over a month.
I can only think you have the seat set to close to the steering wheel. Try moving the seat base further back, and raising the back rest to a more upright position. , thus making your access and egress less of a jiggling round in the seat to get past the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
At 6'2" my seat is as far back as it will go and as high as it will go.
The fact I am 17 stone shouldn't make any difference as it is my waist that is over size, not my knees! It :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've hit it a couple of the times. It's a pest but manageable. I'll often check to see if the switch is in the right position. Stupid bloody place to put it though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hit that for a couple of times in my xc60. I think in Kodiaq the knob is in a little better place because i have never accidentally hit that with my knee.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just superglue it in place in the AUTO position :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OttosDad said:
Sorry gents, I am 6ft 2 .
Its never happened to me , but have only had my Bear just over a month.
I can only think you have the seat set to close to the steering wheel. Try moving the seat base further back, and raising the back rest to a more upright position. , thus making your access and egress less of a jiggling round in the seat to get past the steering wheel.
Your time will come!, my wife is knee high to a grasshopper and she has the same problem occasionally!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have experienced the same problem also. Fortunately I have always noticed before the battery has gone flat !
I am 5' 10 and have the seat a good distance away from the steering wheel just for the record !

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sticklebifter said:
Fortunately I have always noticed before the battery has gone flat !
Surely if you knock the lights dial into a "permanently on" position, the car will chime at you as you open the driver side door?
One I could try myself, of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts