Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Need to purchase an emergency/touring (comprehensive) kit-tried the advertsed skoda parts (on this forum) but was advised that twas not in stock (expensive) thus tried all the other the other "suspects" and got offered either a standard kit (for all cars) but not sure if it covers the kodiaq or in many replies,state not suitable for kodiaq.Can any one advise/recomend a company to supply a specific kit for the kodiaq.Many thanx-jack s

·
Registered
387 Posts
Believe from your other thread that your car is a 2017 Edition model, although unsure which engine. AFAIK all Editions came with full LED headlights, LED DRLs, LED front fogs, LED rear fogs and LED third brake light. On that basis, you can't get replacement bulbs for them - no such thing! The rear light units will have been an option when knew to have full LED rear lights (high functionality), so it's possible you do have some replaceable bulbs in the rear lights, but strongly suspect you don't have any at the front. If a light fails (and it shouldn't) then it would be a whole unit replacement.

I'm guessing you're wanting them for driving on the continent? AFAIK it's only advice to carry replacement bulbs, it's not currently an enforceable law. Things you will need include an emergency triangle, high-vis jackets for each vehicle occupant and GB stickers (not UK, which might already be on the end of your numberplate). The law on this last one changed on 28 September this year.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
628 Posts
" GB stickers, not UK "

You have this the wrong way round scratch, we are now required to have UK stickers on our car, not GB. I just recently bought some small UK stickers to put on my number plates.
You are correct about carrying spare bulbs, but I've heard of motorists getting stopped for having a light out and the Gendarmes insisting you fit one that works or get a fine. Probably unlikely to happen, but in light of their ire about Brexit/fishing rights etc, I wouldn't put it past them.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Oh yes, sorry - I did know that but typed it the wrong way round!

Me and my fat fingers!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you ever see a car with a failed LED unit on our roads, chances are it's a Hyundai. Hyundai obviously have a quaulity / reliability issue with their lights.

Wonder what French laws say about a failed LED - you must carry spare headlight units - one for each side? 😀

1 - 5 of 5 Posts