Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Me too, when I get it. It will be interesting to compare the 2.0Tsi against the 1.4 148 bhp DSG

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
How does the 2.0 TSI drive? This is the engine I'm looking at. Also if you put it in reverse does it show the arrow on the ground?

·
Registered
203 Posts
tagmorrisuk2008 said:
Some pics from last night
What do you think of the canton stereo is it worth it? I won't find out til Thursday.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Review of the 2.0 so far is:

In normal mode, pulls well through rev range, nice engine note

In sport mode it feels genuinely quick (a quick 2nd to 3rd gear blast however saw sub 5mpg briefly!!!)

Mpg combined around 27/28 so far doing one motorway blast of 50 miles and 40 miles city driving.

The day/engine combo work well, the shifts are super smooth.

Obviously economy is not great but didn't order that 2.0 do that, that burst of power when you want it is worth it though

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Canton sounds good, very good. Hard to compare to standard but some Cooper Temple Clause - Did you miss me? Cranked up made my internal organs shake, that alone was worth it!

·
Registered
503 Posts
What car did you come from Tag ?
27/28 is about expected, the engine is still tight and generally will improve in power and economy as it gets a few thousand miles on it.
Is Canton worth it ? very much so as it was free :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Came from a 2014 BMW X1 20d xdrive, the skoda is far nice inside, lacks a little steering feel from the BMW, but not enough to be an issue.

It's wonderful being back in a petrol, revs so freely!

Definitely worth it for free haha!

·
Registered
203 Posts
:lol:
tagmorrisuk2008 said:
Canton sounds good, very good. Hard to compare to standard but some Cooper Temple Clause - Did you miss me? Cranked up made my internal organs shake, that alone was worth it!
Lol brilliant

G

·
tagmorrisuk2008 said:
Congrats on the new wheels ! Looks great.
If you have time, could you upload of few picks of the Canton system ? ( thinking about the bass sub in boot , curious to see location and size - I have it on order with mine but haven't seen any pics of layout )
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
The sub is inside the spare wheel hub

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
In my experience of Skoda's TSi engines (4) they take between 4-5k miles to free up. Then you should notice a marked improvement in consumption.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
In my experience of Skoda's TSi engines (4) they take between 4-5k miles to free up. Then you should notice a marked improvement in consumption.
Colin what is the best oil to get for just topping up with for the 1.4tsi. 150. Cheers

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
thomas419924 said:
Colin Lambert said:
Colin what is the best oil to get for just topping up with for the 1.4tsi. 150. Cheers
Not Colin but in my experience Castrol Edge 5W-40 is good.

Also, tagmorris, could you please post a picture of the light beam down a road? Would be very helpful.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Zach said:
thomas419924 said:
Colin Lambert said:
Not Colin but in my experience Castrol Edge 5W-40 is good.

Also, tagmorris, could you please post a picture of the light beam down a road? Would be very helpful.
You beat me to it!
Having been kept in gainful employ by Mr SHELL (Retail Automotive Lubricants Division) for 21 years and now paying my pension, I can only but recommend that below.
Skoda uses (choke ..puke ;) ) Castrol and used to give a free 1 litre bottle with every new car. But those days may well have passed.
I must say that I have never had to top up any of my 4 Skodas between services, but the longest I have kept one is 18 months, only because I tend to change my cars every 12 to 18months.
For Thomas' and my (and anyone else's) 1.4 150BHP it is this....
http://www.shell.co.uk/motorist/oils-lubricants/lubematch.html#iframe=L2diL2VuX0dCL2VxdWlwbWVudC9jYXJzL3Nrb2RhL3N1cGVyYl9paV8xXzRfdHNpX2VzdGF0ZV9jYXhjXzkya3dfRUZ0OFBqQVhj
For anyone else wanting to check go here....
BUT Kodiaq not yet listed so use the make/model option go for engine type, petrol/derv, BHP and choose 2009-
http://www.shell.co.uk/motorist/oils-lubricants/lubematch.html#iframe=L2diL2VuX0dCL2Jyb3dzZS9jYXJzP3V0Zjg94pyTJnZybT1NQzY1K0JCWg==

Just out of interest, Castrol were always known as 'bung hole blenders' in the oil industry because they bought their base oils from oil companies, usually Shell and then added their own additive package. Shell dig our own oil out of the ground, refine it ourselves and use our OWN additive packages.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts