Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
The Edition model I test drove on Saturday had full black leather.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You are correct.

·
Registered
289 Posts
chris101 said:
Does anyone know if there is full leathers in the edition trim of the Kodiaq?

Planning on getting beige leathers for the interior and Quartz Grey for the exterior.
Not all the seat coverings are leather. Some of it is leatherette. I'd prefer if they offered full leatherette and avoid animal skin.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Moomin. I'm with you (having seen the vile video showing how the poor Moos are treated by the Basilian bastards who supply leather to nearly ALL the automotive industry.)
I need the SE L spec and so had the Alcantara in beige. Had They had PU leather (as Mercedes do) I would probably have gone for the Edition. But there is no seat covering option on the Edition it is animal skin or don't buy it and come down to the SE L which is exactly what I did!
And yes I can confirm that animal skin in Edition is either black or beige.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Leather just a by-product of the meat industry - buy less leather and the value of the cow drops so they'll be treated even worse.

I went for the beige leather in my Edition - black too gloomy.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Here is the URL for one article on the vile treatment of cows bred for leather. (do not watch if squeamish!) These poor cows were being bred (& vilely mistreated) purely for their hides NOT for their meat.
http://www.peta.org/features/leather-industry/

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry Colin, but the leather is only 10% of the value of a cow, wherever you are in the world.
PS. I look after a herd of over 1000 pampered bovines.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
In the video the car are so skinny when killed, there can't be much Murray on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts