Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my Dealer.

Hi Colin,

Just got back from a meeting yesterday with Skoda. Where the Kodiaq was present.

We found out the following:

- Prices - now on http://www.skoda.co.uk/why-skoda/kodiaq/default
- Spec Highlights - (I tried to write this down as fast as I could!)

S - DAB, Front Assist, Alloys
SE - Rear Sensors, Cruise
SEL - 7 Seats, Sat Nav, Electric Tailgate, 19" Alloys
Edition - Full Leather

- Other features of the Kodiaq - Sirius alloys on sel. 50cm bigger than yeti. Class leading boot. Parcel shelf storage space under boot floor. Umbrellas in doors. Door edge protector. 8inch nav. Google maps available

- Official UK Launch date 6th April

- Available for a limited number of Pre-Orders at the end of November, Open for ordering mid December, LHD version for a day at each retailer in February.

All the above dates and spec are subject to change, but are fairly nailed on.

I have forwarded on your email to my area manager. I have already expressed my annoyance at all this build up for a launch date 6months away.

Regards,

Tom Sexton

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Latest from my dealer is, with my reply!>>>>>>Colin,

Although nothing is 100% confirmed, I was told thursday that the SEL upwards would have 7 seats as standard.

Regards,

Tom Sexton
Sales ManagerTom,
Tom,
If the 7 seats are not set in stone, you can pass on to your AM to pass on to 'God' that as far as I am concerned if the SE L has 7 seats ONLY and the SE has no heated leather & sunroof. That will be the end of the Kodiaq for me and I shall either hang onto my current Yeti and wait for the new one next year, buy a Tiguan are more likely a Scooby Forester! Sorry!
I am surprised and very disappointed with Skoda's ridiculous launch policy for their new 'jewel in the crown' and if it is true the stupid lack of choice viz a viz 7 seats. How many people actually WANT 7 seats. Not many I would venture. They should be an option. Not compulsory on ANY level!
Cheers,
Colin.
I also copied in my "best friend' at Skoda executive customer service. Let her stuff that in her pipe etc!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just confirmed today bY Skoda Executive dept that SE L WILL have 7 seats. No choice!
Don't know about SE or S.
Could be a crafty marketing ploy to 'upsell' to anyone needing 7 seats they then wold HAVE to buy SE L

·
Administrator
186 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Just confirmed today bY Skoda Executive dept that SE L WILL have 7 seats. No choice!
Don't know about SE or S.
Could be a crafty marketing ploy to 'upsell' to anyone needing 7 seats they then wold HAVE to buy SE L
Thanks for the clarification. I found a picture of the seats folded flat and it looks ok, doesn't seem to hamper the space too much.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
It wouldn't but it prevents the option of flexible boot floor, where you can lower the boot and free up another couple of hundred liters.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you look at the back of the boot there is a finger grip hole. So it is safe to assume that you can lift that and either put a skinny spare in or else more storage. This flap looks about the size of the Yeti boot floor, so plenty of room for storage.

This link gives the latest up to date info. It is the European web site so some things may NOT apply in the UK.
http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/kodiaq/pages/overview.aspx

If you can speak Czech you are laughing. If not, just have a play at configuring your CZECH MARKET ONLY Kodiaq. Here
http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/cze/cze/cs-cz/ns7/67117

1 - 11 of 11 Posts