Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm stuck on this one, the Lane Assist warning light is orange all the time unless I'm going fast when it goes green. I've read the handbook, tried google etc. Lane Assist, Blind spot mirror, Rear Traffic Al & front assist all ticked - what am I doing wrong? Can't be right to have a warning light on virtually all the time? Picture attached showing options selected and orange warning light.

Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
No, green is always on. Orange if it thinks you have strayed. Yes it is speed controlled.
I think you could press the 'Reset to factory' and start again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Minor update, I've spoken to Skoda customer services who directed me to my local dealer. They were unsure and suggested I bring the car in for a check. What do other people see green all the time or yellow/orange or something else?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Im not 100% sure but from reading other posts (about JAM assist) it seems there may be Lane Assist and Active Lane Assist.
Not sure this is right or that it could be the issue, but I think the Active Lane Assist is the one that works under 40mph or 65km/h.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Lane assist light will be amber unless you are travelling above 65km/h and the camera can track both sides of your lane - what do you mean by 'going fast'?

Is your car manual or DSG, and do you have Adaptive Cruise Control?

IF you are DSG and have ACC then you SHOULD also have Traffic Jam Assist, where Lane Assist stays active at all speeds under the following conditions:
ACC is enabled and is tracking the speed of a vehicle ahead of you
Adaptive Lane Guidance is enabled in your Lane Assist settings
Lane Assist can track both sides of your lane

It seems quite a few cars have left the factory without TJA having been configured, there is a Service Campaign for this - there is a separate thread about Traffic Jam Assist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, DSG, don't have ACC I think, but list shows: Lane Assist, Blind spot mirror, Rear Traffic Al & front assist all ticked. I'm still confused by this all! Going fast over 40 MPH.
 

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Does your cruise control stalk have a distance switch? If so you have Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't yet explored the cruise control. I've only had the car 3 days! Will check and report back. Many thanks for your help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
andyvee said:
Lane assist light will be amber unless you are travelling above 65km/h and the camera can track both sides of your lane - what do you mean by 'going fast'?

Is your car manual or DSG, and do you have Adaptive Cruise Control?

IF you are DSG and have ACC then you SHOULD also have Traffic Jam Assist, where Lane Assist stays active at all speeds under the following conditions:
ACC is enabled and is tracking the speed of a vehicle ahead of you
Adaptive Lane Guidance is enabled in your Lane Assist settings
Lane Assist can track both sides of your lane

It seems quite a few cars have left the factory without TJA having been configured, there is a Service Campaign for this - there is a separate thread about Traffic Jam Assist.
Ok, thanks for clarification.
I have DSG/ACC/LaneAssist and really wanted TrafficJam so hope if its not there that the simple service will do.
Ill know next week, fingers crossed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Yelekreb said:
Hi, DSG, don't have ACC I think, but list shows: Lane Assist, Blind spot mirror, Rear Traffic Al & front assist all ticked. I'm still confused by this all! Going fast over 40 MPH.
Lane Assist only works over 40mph, your dealer should know this, it has been around for years and hasn't changed much!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
$k0d1ak said:
andyvee said:
Lane assist light will be amber unless you are travelling above 65km/h and the camera can track both sides of your lane - what do you mean by 'going fast'?

Is your car manual or DSG, and do you have Adaptive Cruise Control?

IF you are DSG and have ACC then you SHOULD also have Traffic Jam Assist, where Lane Assist stays active at all speeds under the following conditions:
ACC is enabled and is tracking the speed of a vehicle ahead of you
Adaptive Lane Guidance is enabled in your Lane Assist settings
Lane Assist can track both sides of your lane

It seems quite a few cars have left the factory without TJA having been configured, there is a Service Campaign for this - there is a separate thread about Traffic Jam Assist.
Ok, thanks for clarification.
I have DSG/ACC/LaneAssist and really wanted TrafficJam so hope if its not there that the simple service will do.
Ill know next week, fingers crossed!
Ask your dealer to perform Service Campaign 97CN before you collect your car :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
What you've described is exactly what should be happening.

If you have the assist enabled it will have an orange light. When you get over 40mph and the cars cameras can see the lane markings clearly the light will turn green to indicate it's on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
meduk1 said:
What you've described is exactly what should be happening.

If you have the assist enabled it will have an orange light. When you get over 40mph and the cars cameras can see the lane markings clearly the light will turn green to indicate it's on.
Unless you have TJA :)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top