Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
For Ireland, Lane Assist option doesn't show in configurator, but is on their brochure.
In UK for example it's bundled with the Blind Spot Detection (which is available in IE)..

Any ideas why?

G

·
Lane Assist on the M50 ? :p
I would call the dealer to check : I had to call them last week to add the towbar to my order and also noticed the towbar option is no longer listed on the IE site. ( even though it's a 'supported' model ) : they called the head office / factory to add to my build.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, had a quick chat with dealer who called some office and confirmed the option will be available from the famous week 22. Price is about 440eur if I recall correctly. It's pricey considering in the UK it's bundle with blind spot detection and cost the same as blind spot detection alone in IE.
I don't drive M50 much but recently almost had a front collision in Dublin centre as I momentarily close my eyes beginning to sleep. Luckily the wife was awake and alerted just in time for me to dodge the other car.
Its a pricey option but will add it in regardless after my scary experience.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to correct my initial post, prices are:
UK: Blind Spot Detection + Lane Assist 900£
IE: Blind Spot Detection 676€ + Lane Assist 440€

So, prices are comparable given currency difference and countries own taxes;

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here in Slovenia you get to choose between 3 trims:
- Active (very basic)
- Ambition (quite fairly equipped)
- Style (max - only trim with full LED lights)

Blind spot detection is included in Style trim, while Lane Assist is extra of aprox. 300€.

I recomend you to visit the German configurator at https://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/deu/deu/de-de.
It's not accurate for UK with trims and prices but you will see ALL the optional equipment and than you can ask your dealer directly about it, because i have had experience with even the dealers not knowing some of the things because the car is so new.

And when ordering DON'T FORGET ABOUT A SPARE TYRE. Don't know about UK trims but here it's extra and originaly you only get a so-called "tyre repair kit". Personaly i prefer a 5th wheel in the trunk, same size and fitted on the same alloy rimb.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brown_bear said:
Here in Slovenia you get to choose between 3 trims:
- Active (very basic)
- Ambition (quite fairly equipped)
- Style (max - only trim with full LED lights)

Blind spot detection is included in Style trim, while Lane Assist is extra of aprox. 300€.

I recomend you to visit the German configurator at https://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/deu/deu/de-de.
It's not accurate for UK with trims and prices but you will see ALL the optional equipment and than you can ask your dealer directly about it, because i have had experience with even the dealers not knowing some of the things because the car is so new.

And when ordering DON'T FORGET ABOUT A SPARE TYRE. Don't know about UK trims but here it's extra and originaly you only get a so-called "tyre repair kit". Personaly i prefer a 5th wheel in the trunk, same size and fitted on the same alloy rimb.
Cheers, Im not 100% sure if it's standard but I recall seeing space saver spare wheel in my order. Will have to check it. Not a full size rim and tyre but will do the job. Canton subwoofer goes inside, so you can start a dance party while chaging a flat tyre :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
romanv said:
Yes, Canton comes only with space saver Wheel and you loose a variable boot floor in Slovenian Style model.
Romanv, you got Canton? How would you compare it to the standard system and do you think it's worth the extra cash?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I haven't got the car yet but I've tested Kodiaq with Canton. It was really loud - I like it. The bass was not as I would expected (I've listened only to radio) but for 335 eur (in Slovenia) it is a great deal. Renault offers Bose for 1000 eur in Espace.

I still think that normal sound system is worse than Canton.

If you are not picky you could live normally without Canton.

I am chaning my car every 7.5 years so I did take a lot of options because before my retirment I am going to change only 3-times :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts